New; Introducing Elmer and Buddha

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalacticBunny

Reaction score
Hey all! I just joined this forum, wanted to introduce myself and my two rabbits, Elmer and Buddha.
My names Becca, I'm 19 years old and a fine arts student with a concentration in photography; I plan on getting my teacher certification as well. I love music, art, and more than anything, animals. My first love is for dogs and the showdog world, however at this point in my life, I am unable financially to persue showing dogs. I also love horses, and rode for years when I was younger. My boyfriend Tim and I have a slew of pets, including: our two buns, Elmer and Buddha; a Pionus parrot named Sieko, two lovebirds- Miso and Kiwi, two budgies- Clarence and Jade, two cockatiels- Kiera and Nola; two cats- Nicky and Thomas; 2 dogs that live at my dad's house- yellow lab named Molly and a beagle X cardigan welsh corgi X named Doc; a 35 gal. tank with south american cichlids, a 20 high tank with various fish, and a 20 high with two leopard frogs, a green frog, and a male and female betta.

My boyfriend and I got Elmer back in June, he's a pedigreed BEW mini rex from Rosebud rabbitry in south NJ. I've owned rabbits in the past, and have always admired blue eyed whites. After searching for about two months, we finally found Sandra @ Rosebud rabbitry and I was immediatly impressed by her prompt responses and knowledge and dedication to the rabbits. Elmer is an absolute delight- full of energy and curiosity... and constantly doing binkies! Elmer does not like to sit still for one moment, and really isn't fond of being held, but he's got such an outgoing personality that makes him an absolute charmer. His favorite foods are banana and carrots.

Just about a week ago we went back to bring home our second addition... we had a netherland dwarf or holland lop baby in mind, but we ended up falling head over heals in love with a 4 month old chocolate jersey wooly, who ironically has the same birthdate as Elmer. He's settling in quite nicely, and we've named him Buddha. As compared to Elmer, he's a total opposite; mellow, kind of shy, but sweet as a button. He was pretty scared the first few days, but is slowly coming out of his shell and gaining curiosity. Unlike Elmer, Buddha loves being pet and held, and easily goes into a trance so I can brush his fuzzy tummy.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my boys!

Elmer
bun6.jpg

superbunny.jpg

elmer_happybunny.jpg

prettyelmer.jpg

bun7.jpg

bun8.jpg

bun9.jpg

bun5.jpg

bun4.jpg

bun2.jpg

Baby pics of Elmer:
babybun3.jpg

babybun2.jpg

babybun4.jpg

Buddha:
buddha1.jpg
(before brushing his coat out)
buddha2.jpg

buddha10.jpg

buddha3.jpg

buddha5.jpg

buddha6.jpg

buddha7.jpg

buddha8.jpg

buddha9.jpg

Oh, WOW!!!!

Your bunnies are SO beautiful!! :inlove:

Welcome to the forum! :welcome1

You'll find loads of friendly people and advice here, and probably many demands for more pictures of your buns :p (We really like pictures here lol...)

Please feel free to start a blog for them in our blog section and ask any questions you might have! :D

Jen :)

:hello& :welcome1to the forum! This is a great site full of friendly people who love to help each other with their bunnies. Great pictures of your bunnies too they are beautiful! I like the mid air binky shots! I am jealous, I can never get those.

You might want to add a general location in your profile so if you need a good bunny vet someone can recommend one.

Beware, bunnies are likepotato chips you just can't stop at one.;)

OMG! I love that mini-rex! Elmer needs to come to live in Indiana! I love mini-rex if you hadn't guessed! WELCOME and I LOVE pictures! these are great!

Buddah is really cute too! I just want the mini-rex LOL!

Hey everybody, thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I'm very excited to be able to chat with some people that love bunnies as much as I do!

Wabbitdad: the best way to catch those mid-air shots is to settle down on your stomach in a corner of the room and just wait. A camera with no lag time helps, lol. If your camera has it, try the setting where you can hold down the shutter and it takes multiple frames at once.

100_0952.jpg

Elvis Says Welcome We Need More Blue Eyed Buns.

Welcome to the forum. I looove your pictures of your rabbits. Elmer is just gorgeous! Is that a book about rabbits he is nibbling on? That would be pretty ironic.

They look very happy. I am glad you found us so you can make us drool with more pictures!

Shannon

Awwww! Elvis looks just like Elmer did as a baby. And yes, we do need more blue eyed buns! They are my favorite =) I'm dying for a black vienna marked mini rex.

Hello and Welcome to RO,

I'm a Becca too!

You sound like a great bunny mum, because of your love of animals (like me :biggrin2:- we're quite alike!)
Thanks so much for all the information you have already given about your rabbits and how you get them etc, It's really nice to know.
Your bunnies are so adorable thanks for all of the pictures!

Can't wait to see more! Your going to start a blog right? I hope so - I will definitely have a look if you do - Elmer and Buddha are so adorable!

Lots of love

Becca x

Welcome to the forum. Your rabbits are GORGEOUS!!! I have never seen a chocolate colored Jersey and now I want one!! So beautiful!!

Oh yay! Another Becca =) I'm planning on starting a blog.. do most people write them in their rabbits' points of view? I haven't read anybody's blogs yet... I'll go take a look at some of them now!

Thanks again everyone for the kind compliments! Elmer and Buddha give tons of bunny kisses in appreciation!

BSAR- aren'tthe chocolates so pretty? I had seen pictures of them before, but I didn't fully appreciate them until I saw my Buddha for the first time. I had the intentions of getting a young baby bun, but he really just stole my heart away! I recommend you get one, lol! :p

haha, I'd actually really like to train him to do "rabbit hopping". He's so rediculously hyper... I think it would be a great outlet for his energy. I need to pester my boyfriend to make some hurdles for him... I suppose out of pvc pipe, or maybe wood... Lol, he's not going to want to, as I just bugged him into building the boys a 6 x 12 foot pen out of wood and chicken wire.

GalacticBunny wrote:
Oh yay! Another Becca =) I'm planning on starting a blog.. do most people write them in their rabbits' points of view? I haven't read anybody's blogs yet... I'll go take a look at some of them now!

You can do anything in your blog! I started doing it as my bunnies point of view and it was funny!!!!

Have fun!

i :heartsthis pic-

babybun3.jpg

:welcome1. your bunnies are darling, i can't wait to see more pics/hear more about them:bunny24

~A

Latest posts

Back