New hutch + layout

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@rabbitmummy

Reaction score
Hello, so I've just ordered a new hutch for my two medium sized rabbits and was wondering if it was to small (I've added a picture below of it but it doesn't have the extra bedroom ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1395214096.528866.jpgbox attached).

Also I was wondering a recommended layout for two litter trays, bedding area, food and water area and toys.

By the way the hutch will be kept in a shed with a window for extra protection from coldness, predators, rain and storms.

Thanks😊

By the way the one I'm getting is a little smaller 140 long 120 high and the same width

It really depends how much time they're going to have outside the hutch running around in a pen or run. The hutch is an ok size for two rabbits to be in as long as they're getting plenty of time outside the hutch to run around and exercise as well.

I live in the UK and most people keep rabbits in hutches way smaller then mine they can't even stand on their feet or run about furthermore don't have a pen to excessive in... I went to the RSPCA and it meets their guidelines and they can't have free range of the shed because of the danger of fox's getting in.... The rabbits have free range of the shed though during the day and go outside for an hour as I have to supervise due to the broken fence. Thanks for the advice👍

Back