New home for rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angieluv: I have had both rabbits for about two years. I have had Sweetie for two years on November 11th, I had Prince for two years middle of January next year.

I looked up how long e cuniculi is contagious, and it said only a few days. It could have set in when he was sick when I got him, which they were in separate cages. Also I doubt that she is going to have symptoms of e cuniculi because it would have happened by now. Now some rabbits never have symptoms of it, I know this.
Someone is able to take him, they have to talk to their landlord first then I will know. I just hope that their landlord will let them take him.

Poor poor Prince and Sweetie. I can't imagine the pain they are both going to go through being torn apart from eachother.

Poor bunners.

So very sad and unnecessary.

Jen

Also angieluv: if/when Sweetie gets sick, I will worry about that when the time comes. For now, she is healthy and that is what matters.

Sweetie wrote:
I looked up how long e cuniculi is contagious, and it said only a few days. It could have set in when he was sick when I got him, which they were in separate cages. Also I doubt that she is going to have symptoms of e cuniculi because it would have happened by now. Now some rabbits never have symptoms of it, I know this.
Just wanting to clear up the misinformation. The infectious period of E. cuniculi lasts anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. After it leaves the kidneys the rabbit is no longer contagious. However, spores shed into urine of the infected animal can live within the environment for up to a month. This infection can lay dormant, many rabbits get infected without ever showing symptoms. However, clinical illness can suddenly appear if the immune system is compromised or other factors come into play. E. cuniculi is common and treatable.

Sweetie wrote:
Someone is able to take him, they have to talk to their landlord first then I will know. I just hope that their landlord will let them take him.
I hope they are aware the rabbit they may be taking in has seizures and needs medication and/or vet care, and not at any cheap places because those are supposedly crap in your opinion. Don't forget to mention Prince likely has E. cuniculi which he needs medication for, probably would be nice of you to tell this 'someone' that the dewormer can be purchased online for WAY cheaper. Prince will need constant attention with his new owner, not just left in a cage to be consumed by his depression.

Good luck to Prince. :pray:

I have worked things out. My vet has seen the videos that I have sent him of Prince and he says that they are not seizures. I will keep an eye on Prince and keep video taping his "ticks" if he keeps having them and sending the video to my vet.

Prince does not have to be rehomed. Please see my other thread in the Rescue Me section. Thank you!

Sweetie and Prince don't have to be split up. YAY!

Latest posts

Back