New Home for my lionheads

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionHeadDad

Reaction score
I am planing on building a NIC cage for my two lionheads Monty(like Monty Python) and Jessica(like Jessica Rabbit). I am planning 3 grids X 4 grids(2 grids high). With a 2 X 2 ledge in the corner. This will practically double the space they have now! Since they like to run around occasionally this is important to me. I need some sort of flooring though so they don't chew\go to the bathroom on my new carpet. The popular flooring option seems to be cloroplast which I've located for $25 a sheet. The only problem is I want to fold the walls up so to help keep the mess(hay, litter, ext) inside the cage. however 3 grids X 4 grids makes the cage 3.5ft X 4.6 ft inches and the biggest colorplast sheet I can find is 5ft X 8ft which would only give me a 2 inch wall. Which would do me no good. Is there another material you can suggest that I could get in a larger piece. I was really hoping to go at least halfway up the sides so I need minimum 10 more inches on the longer side.

I think I've developed a plan. My original thought was to do the cloroplast on the inside. However if i have it on the outside I can just cut up a second sheet and build the walls up around the panels which should work out alright. I'll just have to figure out how to seal it so any urine wouldn't leak out if they have an accident.

Latest posts

Back