New Holland

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki8jean

Reaction score
Hello :) I have had my baby holland lop for about a week now! He/she...I don't actually know (I picked out a brown boy and when I went to pick it up I think someone already took mine so I don't know what this one is but, It is black/brown/grey in color!) He is such a character!! I love him...we are going with HIM until I can figure it out... already! He is starting to warm up finally...he lets me hold him on his back (see picture!) and tonight he was sitting on my chest licking my face for the longest time..so cute (unless he was tasting me!). He is already potty trained and only pees in the litter box, but he is still working on the poop. I have one question...when he was licking me I noticed that his toungue and his head felt much warmer than I thought it should. Do bunnies have a higher body temp then us or is the bun sick? He is acting completely normal.
He is in a temp. cage for now. I made him a cage out of NIC but he can get through the bars...He can move in when his head gets a little bigger!!! He loves running and jumping..is there anything cuter than a bunny jumping high and kicking his heals?!
bun.jpg

Aww, he is too precious! Are you going to give him a name? You could give him a gender neutral name. How old is he? I don't know about the temperature thing, but he sure is adorable. Holland Lops are my favorite breed.

Here's my baby girl Tallulah, also a Holland, about a week after getting her. Like your baby, she was very shy at first too but it didn't take long until she was following me everywhere...

RoryandTallulah009.jpg

Enjoy the baby days!

awwwww!!!! he looks like a stuffed animal soooo cute! i am not sure about the temp issue either but it sounds like he likes you a lot all ready!

i agree with Shiloh enjoy the baby years because they are the best hehe

and by the way Shiloh your bun is super cute too!

i wish all animals could stay babys!

Oh my gosh... you guys are killing me with your baby-lop-on-his-back pics!!! I've always been a sucker for the lops :p

"He" does sounds like a sweet bunny. Kisses are the highest form of flattery in the bunny world... so you pretty much rock his lol.

Lovely that you can and are putting him on his back early on, as that will make nail trimming, etc. much easier.

As for the name... if you already have some gender specific names picked out, you could call him both... i.e. "Peter-Hazel", and then once you find out which sex he is, you can drop the one that no longer fits.

Can't wait to see more pics of him!!!

For now I have just been calling him "Bunny" because I have a parrot who was Ellie for a year until we found out she was a he and now he is Elliot...it was so weird finding out we were wrong about the sex! Do I need to make a vet visit for any reason? How old should they be when they get fixed? Does everyone recommend that even though he will be a single bunny?

P.s. Shiloh....Tallulah is ADORABLE!!! I keep leaving my camera in my classroom (I teach Kindergarten) so my pic is with my phone..I have to bring it home tonight :)

Oh my goodness what an adorable little baby....just too cute!

That is the cutest picture ever! I love it!

I have a holland and find that his ears are usually quite warm, even when the temp in the house is under 75. Rabbits regulate body temperature through their ears, so I think they're just hot because the bunny is using them to cool off. As long as he's acting normal and isn't breathing really fast, he's probably fine.

nikki8jean wrote:
I have one question...when he was licking me I noticed that his toungue and his head felt much warmer than I thought it should. Do bunnies have a higher body temp then us or is the bun sick?
Yes, they do have a higher body temperature than humans, between 99.1 and 102.9F. It's perfectly normal for your bunny's tongue to feel hot.

Latest posts

Back