New Holland Babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyFarmBunnies

Reaction score
This is my second try at this pairing. They are purebred Holland lops, and the doe is an orange agouti (out of an orange and a broken lynx) and the buck is a black/orange tricolor (out of a black tort and a broken black). The first litter was three oranges. This litter, I have five kits (one fetal giant that was stillborn, sadly) and it looks like we got some real variety this time around! What are your guesses?

14734_142139_040000000.jpg

From left to right, I'm thinking: black/orange harlequin (Kern), black/orange harlequin, or maybe a magpie? (Connifer), black tort or orange (JC), some sort of broken (Cassie) and I think a broken orange or tort (Blondielocks).

14734_142139_090000003.jpg

14734_142139_080000002.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww so adorable! :) I just love love LOVE baby bunnies (and even moreso, baby HOLLANDS!) Congrats!

If you have a magpie in there and it goes missing, don't come look here, I had nothing to do with its disappearance... :p

So devastated to announce that we lost little JC this morning, the orange/tort one. It's more shocking to me than anything else, because if anything I was prepared to lose Cassie, the little runt. I don't know what happened, but I found JC in a separate part of the nest this morning, away from all the other warm and cozy babies. I worked feverishly for over two hours trying to revive it with every trick in the book, but no luck. I don't know what happened.

So Sorry for your loss :( We unfortunately had another polish litter of two dead this morning RIP little babies Now you can be Grand Champs over the rainbow

I agree with your color guesses harlequins and brokens man is that harle a chubber :D

So sorry to hear about your loss Grace. And you too Sarah. Loosing babies must be hard after the excitement of them arriving.

Wishing both of you success with your little ones. Grace, can't wait to see what the babies look like with fur. Both of you are really good figuring out the colors. I see the broken patterns in the skin, but I guess you really need a trained eye for colors.

K:)

haha! Yea. This morning i found one more tan baby and what i thought was a blue or lilac turned out to be a chocolate.

Unfortunately we found three more dead polish. Man this is not turning out well. We're going to rebreed them both on thursday and friday and switch the bucks. Hopefully they live this time.

Update Day 3: I'm 98% sure on all the colors now. :)

14734_161329_300000000.jpg
Kern is definitely a black and orange Holland.

14734_161329_320000001.jpg
Blondielocks is a broken tort.

14734_161330_190000000.jpg
Connifer...I'm not sure. I don't know if she's a black and orange harlequin or a magpie. At this point I'm really still thinking magpie, and that would be INCREDIBLE.

14734_161330_200000001.jpg
And my little Cassie, the sweet runt. I believe she is a broken blue. I was fearful that with such piggies as siblings she was going to wither and die, so I hand-fed her this morning, drop by painstaking drop...

14734_161330_220000002.jpg
Happy, fat little baby! I so hope I can keep her alive, I am in love...

Omgosh those little babies are soo gorgeous! It's so amazing how you picked up on the colours So fast! And since you have named them do you already know their genders?!?!?!

They are so beautiful wishing you all the best for the following weeks with your kits :) xx

Back