new here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikamc

Reaction score
I havent owned bunnies in a long time. My boyfriend loves bunnies and I've always been intrigued by flemish giants. for a couple months now we've been tossing around the idea of getting one, I would go onto pet finder and such, but knowing the bunny would mostly have to live outside because of my allergies I knew I couldn't get one from a rescue group. On a whim one night at work I put "flemish giant" into craigs list. A bunch of babies came up, but there was one ad that caught my eye. An 11month old flemish giant female reported to have been handled a lot and very sweet. so a week and a half ago we went to see her and brought her home. What a love!! what can I say, she's beyond perfect:) still no name yet, but that will come. So I'm here to bounce bunny care thoughts off of people and learn some new things!

:wave: Welcome!

All of my rabbits have lived inside but I'm lucky that I don't have allergies nor does any one that I live with. With the proper enclosure to protect them from the elements, predators, etc. rabbits especially the larger breeds are fine kept outdoors. Just too many people throw them in a tiny hutch and forget about them.

thanks guys:) yeah, for the longest time i wasnt a fan of rabbits because my childhood best friend had some that lived outside with no interaction and were meaner than hell. then i offered temporary shelter to a bunny when i was volunteering at an animal shelter and realized how awesome bunnies can be. also realized i was allergic. I understand why rescue groups require them to be house pets, especially since many of their bunnies probably come from neglect situations. She'll come inside on hot days and bitterly cold days, and probably hang out a lot inside the house, but her primary cage will be outside. She's litterbox trained as prior to the lady i got her from, she was a house bunny (lady i got her from kept her outside) so that is a huge bonus.

Back