New Here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmic

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Ashley and I'm 23 and live near Rochester, NY in the suburbs. I'm a huge animal lover. My house has four dogs, a cat, two rabbits and fish. Of those animals two toy poodles are mine - a red male names Ryker and a 5 month old puppy that's black and named Cash. I rescued a gray kitten named Jordan who is now 8 years old.

I'm relatively new to the world of rabbits. Six months ago my sister adopted a year old Netherland Dwarf intact male. He's very laid back and well behaved. She named him Lennie.

My nephew (who lives in a different house) turned 9 on Friday. He's been asking for a bunny and we thought a ND would be a good fit since they're a bit smaller. I found a great breeder and took a little guy home. The problem is that this guy was so attached to his breeder that he developed cage aggression with us. We took him back and exchanged him for a 2 month old male ND named Cosmo. I fell in love with Cosmo.

Long story short, we did some research and discovered that Mini Rexes make much better pets for children. A nearby rescue had three males and one was very comfortable being handled. We gave him to my nephew on Monday.

So now we have Lennie, my sister's ND, Frost my nephew's mini rex (different house) and Cosmo, my tiny ND in the family. Bunnies everywhere!

Everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

Lennie:
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382530346.571489.jpg

Frost:
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382530375.237333.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382530397.138057.jpg

Cosmo:
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382530410.653018.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382530433.770737.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382530449.404079.jpg

Hi Ashley,
I live near Syracuse, NY. I have 3 bunnies, two dwarf mixes and a lop. I had been searching for a lop rabbit for my daughter and had looked at some of the rabbits on the Lollypop Farm Humane Society website. Is that where Frost came from? I'd love to get a mini rex someday because their fur is so soft. Your bunnies are really cute! Welcome to Rabbits Online! This is a great place to get advice and suggestions when those rabbit issues come up.:brownbunny

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm not entirely sure what rescue Frost came from. He was in CountryMax and they were handling the adoption process.
From what I gathered, a breeder rescued three mini Rexes and then asked if she could place them in CountryMax to find them homes.

Sent from my iPhone us

Hi Ashley,
I live near Syracuse, NY. I have 3 bunnies, two dwarf mixes and a lop. I had been searching for a lop rabbit for my daughter and had looked at some of the rabbits on the Lollypop Farm Humane Society website. Is that where Frost came from? I'd love to get a mini rex someday because their fur is so soft. Your bunnies are really cute! Welcome to Rabbits Online! This is a great place to get advice and suggestions when those rabbit issues come up.:brownbunny

I do love Lollypop though because they spay and neuter and it's only $40 for the bunny. Here it costs the same to spay/neuter a bunny as it does a dog - anywhere from $170 to $300!!

Sent from my iPhone us

Hello and welcome to the forum We like Lennie a lot--always liked Black Otter color the best. Funny, we just got a Cosmo from N California via the Bunderground Railway but he's totally different looking.

Latest posts

Back