New Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruki

Reaction score
I'm going to try to keep my intro short and simple.
My name is Rachel, Im 21 years old. Im married to the man of my dreams and we have a beautiful daughter who's almost a year old!
We also have a few other furry members of the family which include 2 dogs, 2 cats and a new bunny!
Our dogs are an American Eskimo and a Shiba Inu. Our cats are a Sphynx and a Domestic Long Haired and then there is our bunny. He is new to the family. I took in 2 bunnies that need a foster home until they could be adopted out. I got one adopted but there was just something about the other one that I just couldn't say good bye so he became a part of the family!
He's a beautiful Harlequin colored standard rex/mini rex mix. He had been neutered already when he came to me which was a plus! He is a very sweet boy and is coming around since I got him! He has a great personality too! He has free roam 90% of the time and he just loves laying under my feet while Im on the computer. He will come up to me to be pet when he's out playing and eats right out of my hand! I can say, I'm falling in love :hearts
The only problem I'm having is, I haven't decided on a name for him yet.
If anyone has any idea's, send them my way. This guy needs a name!!

I have been around bunnies almost all my life and I'm very knowledgeable about them. They are one of my favorite animals so I am very happy to be apart of this rabbit loving community!

:hug2:

Percey, Louie, Pablo, Kato, Ajax, Teddy....

Just some of the names from our household already :p (We have cooky usual names for our pets...)

Enjoy your new bunny!

Toya:mrsthumper:

Thanks for the welcomes guys! I also forgot to mention my bunny is 4 years old. He was dropped off at a shelter with a ferret. He was skin and bones and so was the ferret, both were almost dead..sadly the ferret just didnt make it and died. My bunny pulled threw and finally gained weigh, got neutered and checked out healthy and was able to make his way to me!! :)

I feel horrible his ferret buddy didnt make it. Its just not right that people did that to them..And after all he has been threw, he's still the sweetest, loving bunny ever!!!

Im just so happy I have him! :)

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your new bunny. How lucky he was that you found him. No suggestions on names. You will figure it out. One day it will just pop into your head. Or one day call him a name and it will stick.

Look forward to seeing pics and discussing bunnies.

K :)

Thanks everyone!!! This forum is wonderful! I got a pic of bunny and put it as my avatar. He was eating a piece of lettuce :) Now you can see what he looks like!

hi Rachel! What a coincidence. I live in Hampton now, but I am originally from Frederick, Maryland. My name is Rachel also :) And we spell it the same way :) Your bun is gorgeous. I love his coloring

Rachel, I know exactly where you used to and now live! Weird..and yeah we do spell it the same way! cool :) Most spell it Rachael. Anyways, thanks..is your bunny a rex too? Cant tell from the avatar.

Yes she is a Rex. She is 1 and her name is Olivia. Heres a better pic of her. She is a princess :) Spoiled Rotten :)
SAM_2161.jpg

Welcome! We need Pictures!

Here are some of the boy names of my "list":p; Wasp, Bracon, Goomba, Wallaby, Pteri, Yossarin, Gatsby, Josh, Gandalf, Erwin and Edwin

Welcome to Rabbits Online!! Cute bunny you have (I suppose he's the one on your profile pic, right?) as a matter of fact, it sounds like you have the perfect family - congrats!!

You can find some nicknames given to bunnies on the link below... lots of funny ones.. if you're looking for a funny name to your bun-bun, maybe you can pick up one of those.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=58402&forum_id=28&page=1

I'm pretty good creating names but it's difficult without knowing the bunny...
Good luck and keep us posted!

And :pleaseplease: post more pics of your babies (all pets)!
Especially your :bow bunny! :hearts:

Rachel, yes she is Castor. I actually got her from a friend who could no longer keep her. He was moving and where he was going didnt allow pets. If I didnt take her, then he was going to have to take her to the SPCA. I didnt want that to happen so I told him I wanted her and he brought her to me the same night. He got her from a pet store. She is a standard Rex. She weighs almost 8 pounds.

Thats great that you took her in!!!
My bunny is a standard/mini mix I think. He is definitely a rex but he isnt the smallest. Hes about 4 or so pounds I'd say.

I absolutely love his colors! Its so pretty! He could be just a mini rex. They get between 4 and 5 pounds. Someone else would know better than me. Im new with all of this lol. But we would love to see more pics of him :) I use photobucket to post mine.

Welcome to RO! Please more pictures :)

I love your picture, it looks like your bun is smiling

I have a castor mini rex and he is about 3.5 pounds and still filling out so will probably be 4 when he's done growing.

Oddsandendsandpets100.jpg

I think mini rex are the original energizer bunnies, they keep going and going...

Back