new here with a eye question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel Pride Lions

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Rachel and I am a stay at home mom who started her new adveture in lionhead rabbits. I have breeding and raising nigerian dwarf goats for many years as well.

Ok well I have been breeding lionheads for about 6 months now. I have a 8 week old male lionhead who him and his brother are in a hutch together, they have been since they were born. Well I noticed 2 days ago that his eye was crusted shut and around the eye was a little swollen and irritated. The other eye is perfectly fine and the brother is perfectly fine. I cleaned his eye up and today it is crusted again. When I get the eye open there is a bit of white gunk in there and just crusty on the outside. It is not super red or super inflamed, just looks irritated! What should I do for this little guy. He is fine other than that, eats drinks bounces around, poops and pees fine. Thanks all!! love the site!

Rachel Well

Rebel Pride Lions

www.freewebs.com/rebelpridelions

yeah, sounds like an eye infection of some sort or a blocked tear duct. both will need vet care. good luck!

Back