New here.. HELP?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there.
I have three bunnies, one lionhead & two rex bunnies.
one is male one is female. I had them all in one cage for a while,
until the male got the two females pregnant, the one female rex just had
her babies two days ago & she doesnt seem to be taking care of them.
my lionhead bunny is pregnant, shes been making a nest, we tried getting her to go in her own cage & nest (since we dont really have any actual cages) but she just went in with the rex's bunnies. she doesnt do any harm, just plops down and lays there waiting to give birth... I was wondering if because the rex mom wont feed her kits can I get them to feed off the pregnant lion head bunny? Or is she not going to produce milk. the babies are hungry and cold. and im REALLY worried. I really want to save them. I dont have any kitten formula or anything. PLEASE help! :eek:

You can keep them warm by covering them...did the mom pull any fur? Unfortunately, newborns won't last more than 48 hours without being fed. If your other doe hasn't given birth then the babies won't last before she could nurse them. What you could try to do is hold the babies' mom and see if the kits nurse under her. The alternative is to put the mom on her back and see if you can get them to nurse that way. If the babies are already weak then they may not have the strength to suck milk.

You can keep them warm by covering them...did the mom pull any fur? Unfortunately, newborns won't last more than 48 hours without being fed. If your other doe hasn't given birth then the babies won't last before she could nurse them. What you could try to do is hold the babies' mom and see if the kits nurse under her. The alternative is to put the mom on her back and see if you can get them to nurse that way. If the babies are already weak then they may not have the strength to suck milk.

we tried making them feed off of my pregnant doe but im not to sure if they got milk or not, or if that would even work. we've been keeping them warm with nesting and stuffing and a heater close by...

oh one more question, when the doe starts making her nest does that mean shes going to have the baby soon? or could she still possibly have them in a week from now.

I have nothing to save them with, so I watered down regular cows milk & ive been dabbing some milk into there mouths with a straw. they are eating the milk and swallowing it fine, but im not sure if this is even going to help them, im trying though. and this was my last resort :(

Latest posts

Back