New here, first bunny - Raleigh,NC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksupra94

Reaction score
I realize I posted in the wrong section so i'll do it here...

Finally stepped into the bunny world after owning just reptiles, big difference.

Here is what happened...

This past Friday my girlfriend and I walked into a store called AniMall , it is basically a store where they display animals for adoption who have been pulled out of kill shelters and now live with foster parents during off hours. We walked in with NO intentions of buying any sort of animal as we both already have 5 between us ( not a lot probably compared to some of you. Leopard gecko, two robo hamsters, Gargoyle and crested gecko). As we were about to leave the store we walked over to a large cage where a little white bunny hopped up to the front to greet us and it was love at first site for my girlfriend. She asked the store owner if we could hold her and my GF would not let go so naturally she took it home with her the following night She will be spayed this week also. We tried to introduce her to another bunny at the adoption place but he attacked her so he had to stay there.

She was born in the shelter, adopted and returned within 2 months which makes her aprox 8 months old.
The rabbit seems to be a mini rex from what I have read, maybe you guys can help us decide . The previous owner gave her baths very frequently and walked her on a leash, so she is extremely sociable and loves human interaction. We are considering getting her a friend for when my gf is at work from 9-5.

Some things we noticed , she prefers drinking out of a bowl compared to her bottle, she enjoys pellets much more than anything else ( she is under weight), she also seems to like cooler weather ( comparing 75 to about 60) and enjoys her blanket.

Sorry for the long read , I guess if you are bored it is something to do and here are some pics. If you had to suffer reading this twice I changed the pics lol
She weighs about 2 lbs
Question: She will be spayed nov 12th but I really want to get her a buddy and bond them but we would rather wait until she has been spayed and recovered before however, would it be ok to get a potential mate and place in seperate x pen close to her so they can get used to the scent of each other? Could they meet before she is spayed ( assuming her mate is neutered?)
66652_1532460031276_1228020465_31340767_4864888_n.jpg

getting kisses from my gf
33728_1532475111653_1228020465_31340804_5072575_n.jpg

Chasin the robo hamster in a ball
71955_1532455191155_1228020465_31340754_6075507_n.jpg

66314_1528608694995_1228020465_31333989_1075513_n.jpg

65964_1528609295010_1228020465_31333994_4486211_n.jpg

72286_1531158518739_1228020465_31339022_7229563_n.jpg

awwww so cute as long as the maleis nuetered i see no reason why they couldn't stay together from the begining BUT it is a good idea to get a nuetered male even if you just put them in cages next to each other. rabbits can and will breed through the holes in the cage. many of fur parents has had babies suddenly pop up one day from not knowing/believing that fact

very cute little girl. Bunnies are hard to resist and very addictive. Keep in mind that all rabbits are territorial, so it is best to introduce them in a neutral area where they can be controlled, like a bath tub or a room with tile or linoleum so you can control them better. Some you'll never be able to bond--Commander Bun-Bun was a fairly small girl, less than 5 pounds, but she was an alpaha+++++ and would attack any rabbit no matter how big they were.

they are territorial i am makeing a colony and my 3 that have been next to each other in thier cages are perfectly fine with each other but the others they are attacking so i am having to do it alll very slowly

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

She is a very cute bunny, she does look like a rex. A sure sign would be if her whiskers are curly and not straight. A characteristic of rex's. Rabbits do not need baths, they are like cats and constantly groom themselves. Sometimes a rabbit will need a bath if they have a poopy butt etc. Rabbits are very sensitive to heat, they don't pant and dissipate heat through there ears.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back