New French Lop!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad kelpie

Reaction score
The local pet store does rescue and got in a French lop who had been abandoned and was fending for herself. She was emaciated. They've been rehabbing her and she's doing great. She's still skinny, but with the lop build, she looks fat until you touch her. She is so friendly! Just a sweet mellow bunny. I'm gonna take both Rabbits to the vet next week. I'm gonna see if Basil is old enough to get neutered, and new bunny has an eye infection or something. As soon as both of those issues are cleared up, I will start introducing them.

Here she is! She has a name now too, but you need some back story before the name makes sense.

Three years ago, I went to the shelter to adopt a cat. I found the coolest cat EVER. He was so sweet, so mellow, so awesome, and a little...uh...big boned? He fit in with my other cat and dogs flawlessly. I just brought him in and put him on the bed. The dogs sniffed, and he plopped down and went to sleep. I named him Oscar. He started going outside occasionally, but he didn't go far. My roommate sent me a text one day that said: I found a huge lump of feline out front. From then on, he was Lump. Everyone loved him. Then one day, I let him outside and he never came home.

Everyone I knew loved that cat. We still talk about him, and I only had him a month!

So today, my sister and I are looking at the rabbit (who is temporarily residing in a pen in my mom's yard) and my mom's cat was laying in the pen with her like they were best buds. Suddenly my sister says "Lump!", I tried to disagree, but suddenly, she was Oscar. She didn't even need a carrier for the drive home, just sat on my lap like Oscar did.

And well, she does just kinda sit around alot :biggrin2:. It is meant affectionately though.

So there you have it, the story of how a rabbit got named Lump.

Oh Yeah! Pictures!

7565439018_1a4e982bd8_z.jpg

7565435736_0278b19a16_z.jpg

7564956740_854afaeeac.jpg

Lump is very cute :) I love the baby labrador look that lops have going on with their faces. Congrats on giving a deserving bun a new home!

What an adorable Lump! Sounds like she is the perfect match for you, and you for her! :)

Thanks everyone! I weighed her this morning and she is 9.8 lbs, but I think she has more to gain. I've got her on alfalfa hay and pellets, because that's what I have for Basil. Is that appropriate for an adult yet undernourished rabbit? She also has grass and dandelions available all the time.

I gave her a small bite of mango this morning and she went nuts!

Just a quick update. Lump is 12.1lbs now and no longer feels so bony. I think it's time to switch her to timothy pellets. She won't eat hay, but eats fresh grass, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully, Basil will teach her to eat hay when I put them together.

Just a quick update. Lump is 12.1lbs now and no longer feels so bony. I think it's time to switch her to timothy pellets. She won't eat hay, but eats fresh grass, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully, Basil will teach her to eat hay when I put them together.

O she is so pretty!!! And wow she reslly was thin to gsin 3lbs in a month! I always called my french a doorstopper. Shed lay by a door and wouldnt get up if i tried to open it! Or id vaccum and shed just lay there!!!

Back