New Foster Boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehowl

Reaction score
I just picked this boy up yesterday. He andanother male bunny were left outside the shelter at nightin atiny cardboard box. I just can't believe people sometimes. Anyway, heis a real sweetie. Very outgoing and curious, not at all afraid to comeout of his cage. He still needs to be neutered, hopefully that will bedone soon. I have attached a few pics of him. I think he is justadorable!

He looks like my boy Dallas!:shock:

100_3301.jpg

Jan, Do you mean Delilah? If so, she is doinggood. Still being territorial with me, but I do think she is gettingbetter. Oh and she's no longer a foster, she's officially mine.:DI did find out that she is definately spayed, we shaved herat the vet yesterday and found a spay scar.

Well, I think this boys name is going to be Thumper. I know, not veryoriginal, but I'm wondering if this may have been what his name was. Myson came running into the room where the bun was playing and said,"Hey, can we name him Thumper?" And the bun came running! So I tried itagain, and sure enough he came running again. I'm hoping I can talk myhusband into letting us keep him too so I can bond him with Bun Bunonce he is neutered since it's obvious I'm not going to be able to bondDelilah to him. Bun Bun was neutered two weeks ago andis allhealed and would love to have a friend. Keep your fingers crossed forme that I can talk him into it.

I'm not sure if he's a holland lop or a mini lop, what do you guys think?

Just wanted to update this thread. I talked myhusband into letting me keep Thumper!!:bunnydance:He isscheduled to be neutered next Thursday. So hopefully in a few weeks Ican start trying to bond him and Bun Bun. I really don't anticipate anyproblems, but you never know. I have Thumper in a completely separateroom right now, should I put there cages next to each other now? Orshould I wait until after he is neutered?

Hey - congratulations on keeping Thumper!! Two bunnies are just twice the fun!

So.. hmm.. is your other bun neutered? It should be fine to keep themboth in the same room I think. If one is neutered, then therewill not be as much territorialism.

You can at least try it out for a bit and if you notice Thumper or BunBun is agitated, then you can rearrange again. But expectThumper to be stinky - he'll probably feel the need to use a lot ofscent to let Bun Bun know the room is his...

Actually, Thumper makes three. Bun Bun isneutered. I was worried about Thumper maybe being extra stinky and/orspraying if I put him in the same room as Bun Bun and Delilah. MaybeI'll just wait until after his surgery.:)

Three?? Ok now I'm jealous. I stopped at 2, but I am hoping to convince my fiance we NEED another bunny.

Well, I would have stopped at two if I couldhave bonded Bun Bun and Delilah, but Delilah is just way tooterritorial. And Thumper is just so darn cute and has such a greatpersonality.

Latest posts

Back