New for 2008: Need your input

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
We have such a great area here - I love the way that we can ask questions and talk to each other and share pictures, etc. etc. etc. I have a blast here.

But I thought it might be fun to have an "educational" topic once a month with *maybe* a quiz to introduce it.

What topics would y'all like to see us cover? Here are a few I thought of...

• Learning about different types of lops
  • What are the various fur types
  • Color Genetics (possibly taking two months)
  • What are the dwarf breeds?
  • Recognizing different colors (different than the genetics behind them)
I know some of this may be "basic" to some breeders while other breeders (and non breeders) who read this area might enjoy learning some this.

So help me come up with some topics......please? :shock:

Peg

Peg i think this is a fantastic idea it would make for some really interesting reading!!

You could maybe do one on the nesting, as so many does seem to be different and also the nests we never use boxes over here so it could show different nests maybe?

it would be nice to see one with which breed to breed as well for new people as some breeds seem a bit easier than others.

They are probably bad ideas but hey i tried :)

Here are a few other ideas:

The 4 breeds of Angoras and the similiarities and differences.

Learning about how a proposed breed of rabbit becomes a real breed recognized by the ARBA

Learning about Nationals and Conventions and why people attend.

Learning about proper grooming for show rabbits.

Explaining about the legs and grand champions and registration.

Becoming an ARBA member, its benefits. Same goes for Specialty clubs too.

What to do if I want to show my rabbit for the first time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can probably think of more but I have a lot to do to get ready for company for Christmas Eve.

Sharon

Those are excellent ideas!!!!

How about: How to tell what a judge is saying about your rabbit... what do all those comments mean?

And Basic Disqualifications and Faults.

With all the talk lately about breeding, how about a more pro-active

approach with advice given to new breeders in a friendly and helpful

manner. Most new breeders are youth and there has been talk about

searching out mentors to help them out in decisions. There may not always

be local mentors for new breeders but there are breeders on this forum

with experience that would love to help them out in a friendly and

constructive manner.

Roger

That's an awesome idea! I was thinking about something kind of similar to that a few weeks ago, but I forgot to mention it. It was about education, but a little different too. If I remember I'll be sure to post it here.

Emily

This is REALLY basic, but with the bit about the breeds, can mention the types of fur they should have, and what that means, and how to tell each type of fur and things like that?

Latest posts

Back