New Food, Swapping advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
Now I'm pretty sure how to do this but I want to check anyway :)

My buns were originally on Pets at home junior Nuggets, now they are on Pets at Home Adult Nuggets but I think I have found better food - I can buy it in bulk and its a similar price for more!!

I was paying about £7 for a 4 KG bag of food and this is £11 for 10 Kg!! Is that good?

This is Wagg. Optimum. Premium rabbit food.

I haven't got much of the other food left, so how shall I change it?

Shall I put more of the new food in or more of the old?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

more of the old. im changing my rabbits over to pets at home Adult Nuggets soon... i read do dis over 2 weeks. more old food. increasig it every 2 days. till they are on the new food. and look out for dirrehrea and illness during it.. good luck

and buy some small packet of the old food...... instead of the big pack:)

Darnn it :( I have just about run out of the old food so they have a sprinkle of that and more of the new food.... I will keep an eye on them, they are still getting their normal veggies and hay though.

thats good. i just read up alot on it, because i changed it. give them some hya and stuff and veg. then some new and old food.
good luck:)

Becca wrote:
Darnn it :( I have just about run out of the old food so they have a sprinkle of that and more of the new food.... I will keep an eye on them, they are still getting their normal veggies and hay though.
I'm pretty sure they will be fine, I had to change Misty over from just pellets all the time to just fruit and veg without mixing or anything, I didn't have a choice since I don't feed my rabbits pellets and have none, just keep an eye on them, you know your rabbits and you'll know yourself if any of them start to act funny.

I think you typically do the change over a 2 week period, starting with 3/4 old 1/4 new and gradually going to all new.

Latest posts

Back