New fishies! And froggie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamnjo

Reaction score
Yesterday I was in Wal-Mart with my friend and we were looking at the fish, and there were a bunch for 18 cents each. So we both called home and we both got permission(IF I bought one for each of my siblings..of course) because we have all the supplies we needed(except my last tank broke, so I bought two bouls) and we brought them home. Then two of mine(I bought 4 all together) died. So I went back and got a couple more, but while I was there, they had these adorable little frogs. It wasn't necasaraly an "impulse buy" because we were looking into getting some frogs anyways. So there they were, tiny auatic frogs about 2 cm long. So I got one, I have food etc. for it, and it's doing well with my gold fish. Hehe I'm so happy:D:brownbunny

Was the bowls filled with water that came along with the fishes or did you add your own? If you added that could be why they died.

Hehe I like little froggies. Pictures!

Are the frogs that you got albino or colored? If they are albino, they are African clawed frogs and they will not stay small for long. I have three of them in a 29 gallon tank at my house. I know that Walmart constantly sells them in the same little things that they sell the bettas in and they really don't know anything about them. When I got mine, they were almost see through they were so small and they are now atleast 5inches long and that is just their bodies. . . . I will have to get some pictures tonight to share. Oh, and they eat fish. I feed mine worms sometimes and they eat them right out of my hand!

If they are the little green or brown frogs, then they really will stay small. Lots of people have problems keeping them alive though. If they don't last long, it isn't your fault,I just don't think they are well suited to the aquarium life.

I just wanted to warn you because I wouldn't want your little new additions to end up eating your other fish.

Very cool! Frogs are awesome! Walmart has stopped selling fishes n what not by us.

Thanks guys! I'll post pics asap.

The one I got was an African frog. He is green with brown spots. I also have freeze dried worms for him. :brownbunny

Cool, he will probably stay small then. The ones I have are African frogs too, they are African clawed frogs actually. Sometimes you will see the green African clawed frogs that get bigger too but most likely if they were just in a tank with the other fish, they are the little guys. You can tell if they are the clawed variety because they have three little claws on each of their back feet.

Awsome! Frogs are cool!

But be careful when cleaning out their cage. Once, we took our frog outside to clean it's cage and left the lid off the cage because we only had to go get something real quick, and we came back, he was gone.

:(

Latest posts

Back