New Ferret OH WAIT! Bunny Nation cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your cage set up.

It look great BTW. And with both levels it it about the same as Storm size.

Storms isa 2 layer Cube condo its 57 inches long and 28 1/2 inches wide. Many people have told me his cage is huge for him. So they look very spoiled. Its to high for me to clean though?:( I am short. But looks really good.

What are the dimensions of the FN levels?

I breed rabbits, and most are in 24"x24" cages. I have a few larger ones for does with litters. Anyway, I can easily fit a litterbox in, a carpet square to sit on, food dishes, etc. This is for 3-4 lb. Holland Lops. No, there isn't room to run, but there is plenty of room to stand up, lay down, stretch out, etc. It's a perfectly comfortable living space. :)

The rabbit dont stay in this cage all day just at night. During the day they have run of my closet and a outdoor hutch. I cannot find a big enough rabbit cage so i am using this. The rabbits now use both top and bottom. I just have space issue in my room and this is what fits. NIC cages i tried and i just dont have the room.

I personaly dont see why you would need to keep a rabbit in a smaller cage like that unless you are a foster, at a shelter or have many rabbits being a breeder or something a long those lines..
Their ment for ferrets and rats because those are what can be kept in them comfortably. I really dont think rabbits should be kept in a ferret cage. You can make NIC cages that go up and are still sutible for a rabbit..

I dont want to be rude, and hopefully your not taking our posts that way. I just think if there is a better way to do it, then you should and there is.

Im not taking them in a bad way its just this works for me. The rabbits ARE NOT in this cage all day. They have a closet play area thats huge and a outside hutch that is huge. This cage is JUST for nighttime. The rabbits have both the top and bottom to roam on. I put in a ramp so they can go up and down. I have tried the NIC cages and i dont like them and when i go looking to buy a cage they arent big enough at all. This cage is way bigger than the rabbit cage i do own. My rabbits are very relaxed in this cage they have enough room to lay down and pass out. Again during the day they stay in my closet which i turned into rabbit heaven. And when its nice and not raining they have a outside hutch thats even bigger. My rabbits get excercised and played with everyday.

How are the rabbits even getting from the top level to the bottom level? They shouldn't use the ramps included with the cage because they are not meant for rabbits. Also, I don't see how they are easily fitting through the level hole?

I took the cage apart and made my own mid shelf with the NIC cubes and made my own self with this board i had left over from the NIC cage i used to have. Basically i remodeled the FN cage mid area and now they can move easily from bottom to top.

Back