New Family Members

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
Our family is going to be growing bythree in July. We are being blessed with three Flemish Giant babies.There's our babygirls, Adara and Damara, and ourbabyboy Atlas. We are so excited.

I am getting things ready for themalready. I foundthis hay rack, it's actually a ball. I was wondering if anyone has itand what you think of it. It looks really interesting I'm just not surehow the kids would like it. Here's a picture...let me know what youthink.

Hayball.jpg

Another question...

I am thinking of getting each baby their own portable playpen.Like this one and they sell screens for over the top to keep bugs out.Here's a picture. The insert inside is removable.

Playpen.jpg

For times like when at the Boathouse Bunnies Party orConcerts in the Park. I would be sitting right there with them. I thinkit is much nicer than a cage. Has anyone else used one? What do youthink?

Tina

*nepo* wrote:
Congrats :). I haven't used any ofthose things, butI like the hay ball, do you know where theysell it?

The only place I found it was at Petsmart.com

It's called Super Pet Rollin' the Hay. It comes with a stand oryou can attach it to the cage or even let them roll it on thefloor.

Thank you.

Tina

I used a playpen for the baby bunnies we had, itworked pretty well although you will want to make sure that you havesomething like a piece of coroplast on the bottom so that you don'thave a huge urine mess on your hands. It was just the right size forsix baby bunnies up untill they went to their new homes.

I am so excited for you!

Fergi's mom

dajeti2 wrote:
*nepo* wrote:
Congrats :). I haven't used any ofthose things, butI like the hay ball, do you know where theysell it?

The only place I found it was at Petsmart.com

It's called Super Pet Rollin' the Hay. It comes with a stand oryou can attach it to the cage or even let them roll it on thefloor.

Thank you.

Tina

oh man Tina! LOL.. that is soo cute! your gonnabuy little playpens for them!! LOL thats too cute! LOL.. my parnetswould kill me if i did that! LOL Congrats on the new babies!

Hey Tina! :)

Nice hayrack. Hopefully the ball wouldn't turn and turn when they go to pull out a piece.

A playpen???

A PLAYPEN!?!?!

Now I know you're the craziest bunny mom I've ever met.

-Carolyn

Thank you all very much. I am so excitedabout these little ones. I can't find the words. I just can't wait,I've marked the calendar and my babies aren't even born yet. Every timeI find something cute I want to buy, It hits me I have to buy 3 and Ican't stop grinning.

Fergi, thank you. I am definitely going to go the playpen route then.

Jan, thank you so very much. I can't wait.

Ellie, that is so funny. I'll have to let you know how they like it.

Nepo, if you get one, let me know how your guy likes it ok?

Cinnabun, I guess I am a little nuts lol. Each baby will havetheir own stroller, playpen, diaper bag, harness leash, everything lol.

Tina

Hi there,

I bought the hay ball when we upgraded our lil girls cage, and I findit more convenient to use some type of dish/bowl or a hay dispenser..(something with a big bottom..

She will get the hay out but once there is no more sticking out thesides, I have to take the ball out and pull more out for her.. Kinda apain...

Congrats on your new babies!! :D

For a big bunny I think those balls might be hard. I've seen them at PetsMart and the space between the bars is very small.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
For a big bunny I think those balls might be hard. I've seenthem at PetsMart and the space between the bars is verysmall.
Yeah that's what I thought I fewminutes ago after really looking at it.

Wow! 3 more flemish, I'm sojealous. I absolutely must have one when I move and have morespace!!! How did you find your breeder?

I have the hay roller thing. My buns all use it justfine. If they have trouble getting the hay out, I open thedoor. Basil is rough with hers and usually knocks it off theholder. When they get bigger cages, I think they will havethe choice of that or a rack and I'll probably let the ball loose sothey can play with it. As for size, my Californian doesn'thave any trouble with it. And I have to say as Sage keepsgetting bigger, I thinking he may have French lop in him (his breederbreeds both, and I've seen stranger mix-ups. Did you knowthat dogs can have puppies from more then 1 dad in the samelitter?)Anyway, Sage doesn't have any trouble with his, infact, he is the best with it. He empties it at least 2 times a day,usually more then that.

Oh, I'm so excited for you. I really wish I could make the Bunny Boathouse party and see all the buns.

Jen

Congratulations! I am very jealous! :shock::X;)

I've thought about getting the hay wheel. The hay will fall down to the bottom when it gets low.

I don't think a playpen would work for my bunny...... he'd chew through it in about 10 seconds! :X

Thank You Everyone. It was very nicely brought to my attention that I never stated the colors of the new babies.

Adara is going to be our Light Gray doe

Damara is going to be our Steel Gray doe

and

Atlas is going to be our Steel Gray buck.

I have a feeling that with so many people around the babieswon't be in their play pens for long before they are scooped uplol.

I just think that they are a bit nicer than cages forthem. I like the screened sides and top. Air can get in and move butnasty buggies can't get my babies.

Cirrustwi, iI for one am going to be taking a ton of picturesof Apollo and the babies. When I get back ya'll will be begging me tostop with all the pictures lol.

Tina

Carolyn wrote:
Hey Tina! :)

Nice hayrack. Hopefully the ball wouldn't turn and turn when they go to pull out a piece.

A playpen???

A PLAYPEN!?!?!

Now I know you're the craziest bunny mom I've ever met.

-Carolyn
I am not crazy...yet.

I just noticed something. If you really look at the play pen,you'll see a red and white gizmo attached to the side. Well that littlegizmo will play a CD/MP3. Now that's crazy...although being able toplay lullabies for the babies definitely has it's appeal.

Tina

Wow three new bunnies. I am happy for you!! Iused the hay ball thing and i found it very wasteful. Itwould just fall out on the floor and then to the bottom of the cage.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back