New English and Satin Angoras!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We got our first bunnies today!!!! We got a English X Satin doe lilac point REW named Angel and one steel/black named Cassie. Then we got a Satin chocolate agouti buck named Rufus. The girls are 1 and Rufus is 5 months.

We are excited! They were bred right before we got them so we may have kits in a few weeks from both girls!

Any advice for a new angora owner and breeder?

We hope to learn to spin and sell their wool so they are fiber bunnies.

Welcome! My English Angora is super sweet and laid back. You'll enjoy them a lot. They are quite fun to watch. Good luck with the babies!! I can not wait to see them!! :)

Wow you are jumping in with both feet! I have an English angora and he is so fun to watch. He's not much of a cuddler, but will sit next to people on the couch and watch tv. I think with all the wool he gets hot easily.

Next time you see one hop towards you, see if you picture a crazy old man with furry trousers? ROFL

I would love to see pictures of the new babies!

Good Luck! Only advise is have fun and get to know each bunny individually. They may look a like but all have individual personalities.

Wishing you all the luck in your new venture. Definitely need to see pics. Let us know how they do and definitely tell us when the babies arrive!

K:)

MiniLopHop wrote:
Wow you are jumping in with both feet! I have an English angora and he is so fun to watch. He's not much of a cuddler, but will sit next to people on the couch and watch tv. I think with all the wool he gets hot easily.

Next time you see one hop towards you, see if you picture a crazy old man with furry trousers? ROFL

I would love to see pictures of the new babies!
Storm looks like a fuzzy old lady haha

Welcometo Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Hopefuly, your bunny will never get sick,if you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

You are ambitious! Going from no bunnies to roughly 13 in such a short span.

Wool producing breeds are tough! I brush daily and still need to get them put under at the vets twice a year to be clipped so they don't mat up. I wish you all of the luck in the world with all of these changes. But, twice daily grooming will be a great way to bond with everyone and socialize the babies for their new homes.

Keep us updated with pictures!

Thanks everyone! My main concern right now is the heat! It is 95 degrees in Chattanooga today so I am hoping they will be okay. We have ice in the cage and fans going.

We tried to trim Rufus but had a really hard time getting him to sit still. Any tips on that?

Thanks!

MrsMarshmellow wrote:
Thanks everyone! My main concern right now is the heat! It is 95 degrees in Chattanooga today so I am hoping they will be okay. We have ice in the cage and fans going.

We tried to trim Rufus but had a really hard time getting him to sit still. Any tips on that?

Thanks!
There is a video on youtube that shows you how to sheer an angora. Its like a board where the Angora lays on its back and their four legs are tied at the corners. It sounds cruel, but it keeps the bun still and safe from getting cut. My angora does not like being groomed, I have to hold her on her back cradled to brush, pluck and trim her hair around her face otherwise it is a battle if all four of her feet are on a flat surface.

Latest posts

Back