new cages for my buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
001-2.jpg

this is Wanda's cage, she won't bond with my pair yet but enjoys climbing so i made her this:

002.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

this is hank and sophie's cage :)

we are still going to do some modification, like build a frame for the cage to remain straight and stable in.

critiques?

lol it has some disavantages, i just changed my set up again... but i made it so the top 3 panels open, and i just zip tied it directly to the cage, and to clean you will need one person to hold the whole unit, while another person takes the tray off the cage.... lol but it did work for a while lol

The only thing that I would add would be a tarp for the floor, or maybe those kids area sponges as a floor. If somebunny has a pee accident, or the waterbottle drips, you can damage the floor (I learned this the hard way :p)

Does Wanda use the litterbox at the top of the cage?

Nice cage :) We did something similar to yours. I first bought her a normal rodent cage ( my bad :( ), later on hubby made a bigger bage for our girl,also we keep the old cage for being her litter box :) I like the pellets bowl, carrot shape, how cute !

I tooused my old bottem part of my guinea pig cage as a litter for my two bunnies. After thoroughly cleaning it of course.

I love the set up of your cage for your bunnies:D

And the carrot bowls for the food is super cute.

Nice set up! I second the floor protector!! In the house I got Acacia in she and the male there peed all over the floor and it was hardwood. . . Got into the cracks and ruined it!! I now use an old rug and for summer and when Akina was sick I used shower curtains. Akina was bad and those were disposable so it worked out.

Latest posts

Back