New cages for Axel and Juno today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
Axel and Juno were living in some older cages and they needed more room. I am working on a really big cage but broke down and bought two larger cages for them and they were excited to explore their new cages and were more active playing with their toys and eating their pellets and hay tonight.

I did extended turnout time with Axel today and decided to just lay on my side on the floor of the stall (the stall was clean but after riding Dipper bareback and putting all my weight on Weatherly (she is being started to saddle, I was ready for a shower anyway). Axel had a blast tearing around - but he added a new turn to the binky routine - spraying! His tail would twitch and I would back up - no Spin Art machine the way the way my late bucks would do...he would kick his heels up and fire! Luckily, I was not in line to receive the spray.

One he had the spraying thing out of the way, I returned to lying on my side and watching him... he would binky, then pause to watch my response, then he would venture over to sniff me and then he would tear around again, then come back to watch me to see what I was doing.

He has not chinned me yet but he was chinning a tunnelI made for him out of a cardboard box. I added some Craisins to the tunnel and tried to hand feed him one but I don't think I smell good to him:shock:as he would not chin me or eat the Craisins from my hand. He did like the smell of my boots of all things - he kept coming back to explore and sniff them repeatedly.

Juno especially likes her new spread - her other cage was too small.

So after a shower and my eggplant parm I made earlier, I am ready to relax before picking up my son from his work.

Denise

Very cool! I had a sprayer too, very annoying in a house, lol. He would watch me wash the walls and as soon as I was out of the room, ready aim fire! Grrrr.

He was a good bunny though, lol.

I know that Axel knows about Juno as she flirts with him and he is wanting to make sure everyone knows this is HIS doe. She is not ready to breed just yet...but in a few weeks we will have our first litter in production.

They were playing with their toys this evening - there are bells on a few of the toys and they were ringing tonight!

Denise

Latest posts

Back