New cage for two minilops?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mybunnybella

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LARGE-DOUBLE-STOREY-RABBIT-GUINEA-PIG-HUTCH-G104-/190627914286?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item2c624f222e <<<----CLICK IT!!! :D

:hello
I have a 9mth old mini lop girl named bella, and I will shortly be adopting her a friend!:bunnyhug::happyrabbit: (so exited!) So, She needs a hutch ugrade! She and her buddy will live on an enclosed verandah after getting to know each other. If you want to mke any suggestions, It needs to have a tray, on both levels, otherwise I would have gotten a HUGE cae with a HUGE run, but i cant find any big ones with trays covering all of the bases. It also needs to have a ladder (obviously) and a seperator bewtween the levels for when they are still getting used to each other. And it has to be under $300
In case the link doesnt work, the hutch that i have been eyeing off is;

Over All Hutch sizes

131 x 57 x 108

Living Areas

85 x 45 x 45

Night Retreat Areas

42 x 45 x 45

Ramp width

16CM

Divider Opening

18Wide x 28High

Will this allow them to be happy? If not, can you PLEASE give me some mesurements that will? Or better yet a link?
:) Bella is desexed BTW and we are seeking out a male of around her size and currently stalking the RSPCA site ;) Oh, and im guessing she will take her poop tray as her own, will she fight him for it ? will i need two?
Thanks for all the help in advance Xx:)

You should look into building a run too :)

ive put those hutches together when i worked in retail, they are pretty frail and weak. so plan to add some possible adjustments to protect your babies from wild animals!

it looks like a decent size, though of course you'll need to either build a run or give them 4-5h a day outside the hutch (either supervised while in the yard or bring them inside). if they don't get 4-5h a day of time to run around as much as they please, they should have a minimum of 60 square feet of space in their attached run (which really isn't that much - my bunns have 120 square feet 'cause I fenced in my living room for them :p).

obviously, you'll need two litter boxes when they're separated/being bonded, but once they're fully bonded, most bunnies just share the box(es).

If the poop tray means litter pan.. which i believe it does (haha).. then I think it is best to have two. This will make sure nothing happens. Very nice hutch. Make sure you get a run or an area for them to go outside in.

Latest posts

Back