new, but old? :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[align=center]hey guys,

my name is Mackenzie and some of you may remember me as the girl with Theodore, the moody male lionhead and Joey, the young 'un.

Well since I took my break from the rabbit forum, some things have changed in good and bad ways.

Joey, the cute calico boy was attacked by a dogand lost an eye. We then continued to work with him and he seemed to be going great, a bit quieter then before but still with lots of life in him. His teeth were unaligned and so we had to bring him to a vet to have his teeth filed every weekbut we didn't mind -- my dad and I loved Joey. But he started losing hair and stopped eating his hay and food and lost weight down to a perilous 2 1/2pounds (skinny for even histiny frame)and grew a plum-sized abcess on his jaw and began to drool and was being given multiple medications. Through this whole period the very non-affectionate Theodore was an absolute doll and during their exercise periods -- the time when Theo was usuallybinkying and running like a complete maniac -- he settled down beside Joey and groomed him till it was bedtime and turned into a totally different rabbit. When nothing seemed to be improving the Joe-sters quality of life and the 1500 $ we had spent on medications and surgery just weren't working, we made the tough decision to put him down. The last night before we planned on bringing him to the vet, I gave Joe a kiss on the head and walked out of the room with the cage door slightly ajar for Theo to come in and out of the cage for the last 15 minutes. I was startled as my dad bluntly told me he thought Joey was dead and I screamed in complete horror as my little baby Joe was laying outside his cage on the ground, cold. I picked him up in my arms and cradledhim for at least 45 minutes. I will miss that sweet bun for as long as I live.

That is the worst that has happened since my absence. But what comforts me is that Dolce (one of my rats), who shared a special bond with Joey, had died a month after, now runs free with him ove the rainbow bridge. That was probably one of the tougher periods of my life, but things are happily picking up now. R.I.P Joey and Dolce, you will be missed :pray:

On a happier note...

3 Months after Joey passed away wehad been thinking aboutadopting a companion for Theodore and finally thoughtit best to finally adopt one. We picked out a sweet girl named Peaches from the same shelter Theodore had been from, and her name was Peaches. Peaches was a 1 1/2 year old cross who had been brought in by a family (may I mention she was brought in with 6 babies -- no surprise there, this was a bit after Easter!) who couldn't care for her anymore. They bought her from a petstore and the lady at the shelter said she gave little nips to humans (affectionate ones :p) and was slightly timid around people but outgoing and playful with other rabbits. Joey had always been quiet so I thought that a girl around Theodores age who was playful like him would do him some good. Did it ever! Peaches is a sweetheart who somehow handles Theodore shinannigans. Shes playful and outgoing and just a wonderful bun to have around.

Now Theodore...

Theodore has been quite an adventure. He made me so frusterated at one point I threatened to return him to the SPCA, but upon losing my new-bun-mum impatience and a little love and patience, I live to quickly take those words back! I love my little boy.. no matter how immature and difficult he sometimes is --I'm glad he's mine. He's immature, impatient, complicated, and is lucky he is cute. :)

He's FINALLY finished his nipping stage and I haven't been bitten for quite a while (yay!). So there you go! just so you know whats been going on. They also have a new INDOOR setup! (YAY FOR NOMORE HUTCHNESS!)

Im looking forward to being back at the forum :)

PICTURES:

Peaches -

hey! get out of my house!

good thing your buying a litterbox today! i hate this cardboard thing.
[/align]

[align=center]Theodore -

what do you want, useless human?
http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad288/xJunebug/IMG_0672.jpg

im just going to hide peaches face. i think im prettier anyway.

[/align]

Welcome back to RO :hugsquish:

I am so sorry you lost Joey and Dolce :(
But WOW Peaches and Theodore are absolutely precious, I don't believe Theodore can be bad :nono I think you should send him to me ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing more about them and of course more pics! I'm glad your in Canada, makes it easier when it comes time to bunny nap them, hahahaha

nancy ; thanks :)

wabbitdad ; thanks, yeah the rabbits are posers! hahaha

momto3boys; thankyou , but im happy joey doesn't have to suffer anymore. but one things for sure - i'll miss those darling blue eyes :) and yes, believe it or not,theodore is a bit of a nut! hes very.. well i don't know if applying the word 'egotistical' to rabbits is possible but if theodore was a human, his personality would lean towards the stuckup/egotistical/jock kind of personality. he just thinks hes all that! and for peaches.. well.. shes basically your rabbit version of snookie! hahaha :)

thankyou all for the lovely welcomes! i look forward to helping where i can :)

Back