New Bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
Well I was over at my friend house and she tellsme that this person has some rabbits she is getting rid of...well ofcourse I go over to "look". Well she had 4 bunnies in a small apartmentas well as 3 dogs and a few cats....these people are freaks...they buyanimals then decide they are not working out or what ever andresell them back to the seller all thetime.....:nonono:Anyway she is giving away 2 Bunnie's forfree with cage. 1 in a papered Netherlands dwarf all white, cute butdidn't click with me...then they had a mini rex...:love:looked likesprinkles but smaller and only 1 color instead of three....ohhh she wasa little skittish but there were like 5 people in the room and shehadn't been getting any run time because there people just got 3 dogsand like 3 kittens...:growl:My boyfriend said "NO!!!, NO MOREBUNNIES!!!!...but he will love her anyway....She groomed me then lickedme then chinned me!!!:4hearts::love:I want to get her, but Ijust got Lancelot about a month ago....she is about 5 months is whatthey said....BTW Lancelot is already neutered...no babies.... you thinkI should get her??? She seemed nice and she needs a home, who knows whowill take her if i dont...:foreheadsmack::disgust:

(BTW I love the new emoticons!!)

I think it depends what your boyfriend islike'my husband said no to rabbits'but loves them as much as i do now.Ioften see him cooing at them and fussing over them when he thinks noone is looking'he even gets them out to play in the living roomnow'which i find very sweet :muscleman:

Honey, you have more willpower than me. Iwouldn't have even asked the question here, just cleared it with myhubby and rushed the sweetie home. But then again, I'm wanting a secondrabbit anyway. I'm just forcing myself to wait until after my vacationin August. It's easier to find a sitter for one bun than for two,especially if the bonding doesn't go well.

Besides, you only have one bun don't you? I can't see any harm in getting a few more:sunshine:

It sounds like you & she already started to "bond" by the way she groomed you, etc

I'd get her .... if I could get my boyfriend/spouse to agree.

Peg

...you should get her, Maybe take him to theplace and show him her living conditions or whatever, and then he'llfeel bad and let you get her...

Well, is your boyfriend the type who will loveher no matter? Shawn said no more animals after Sampson untilwe move, but I've gotten Lily and Abby since then. Since wedon't live together yet, he hasn't even noticed, but he'll love themwhen he does. If that's the case, I'd work on him.Try to get him to agree. It should work...just give him the,but I'm so sweetlook. Shawn travels for work, he's a pilot, so we don't see each other muchand he gets sudden flights or delays so he has to cancel a lot, I canbasically get him to do whatever by reminding him of all the thingsthat haven't worked out. Actually, I don't do thatoften...it's just not very nice. LOL

Jen

Hun, I think that itsentirely up too you, my hubby said no more animals, but I just turnedup one day with Zebedee. As I told him I'm the one who buysthe food and cleans them and basically does evereything so whats it gotto do with him? LOL

Amen!! I'm lucky..my hubby has trouble with theword "no" when it comes to critters..:D He's lovin the bunnies and haseven really stepped up and is helping with their day to day care forthe most part. I do all the cage cleaning, he takes care ofwater bottles...and gives em hay and such and food....He's tryin realhard to get Oreo to like him more...at some point she's not beentreated right by a man, cuz she's kinda scared of him...terrifired ifhe tries to pick her up.

Does yuour boyfriend help in the care etc?

He doesn't live with me, and he is a secret animal lover... he comes bymy house sometimes to see my animals sometimes. He refuses to go overthere just because he probably would cave....I plan on talking to theowners and seeing if they will do a "trial run" and then move in thebunny and see how things go....I think a trial run with Lancelot mightwork anyhow....I only really have room for 1 cage , so they would haveto get along. The trial run would allow my boyfriend to fall in lovewith her....:inlove:

If he doesn't live with you, then personally Iwouldn't be consulting him....you pay the bills etc...so its reallyyour decision.

If he was just kind of a temp boyfriend Iwouldnt, but we have been together forever somthing like6yrs...:shock:He wants to get married and such so, he isthinking down the road when he does live with me.

The fact that you can have a trial run isgreat,make sure you get all info with owner before trial runbecause they might have a different idea to yours. Other thanthat I say go forit.

Well, I have decided I will see if the ownerswill give me a trial run. Boyfriends not happy but he knows I'm goingto see if they do a trial run...I told him I want to do a trial run andhe said " you mean a trial run... to keep her":pHe thinks Ilove my animals more then I love him...:tears2:I think that the fact Iuse the same nick name for him as I do my chinchilla Jasper dosenthelp. Anyway, Ill hear back from them later today hopefully and seewhat they say...I dont think it will be a problem with them. lets hopethat Lancelot dosent freak out...

Well she's at my house now. Lancelot is markinghis territory by chinning everything, mostly her cage and leavingdropping around it also...I havent let them meet except through thecage bars.

She is heavy for her size. I gave her some hay, which I dont think shehas had before, and a little bit of greens. She ate all ofit!!!:shock:I'm going to have to really watch her diet or shewill have weight problems. THe people who had her were giving her cheapwalmart food.:XI buy cheap food also but I buy it at a feedstore and its purina, I mean$0.35lb isnt expensive....anyhow I trimmedher nails as they were sharp. SHe was really good I only had to calmher done once I think. She goes in a trance when I put her upside downand rub her head...other wise she is biting on the bars...I think sheis in heat also, so that dosent help...They say she is about 5 monthsold...I have to barrow a camera to get pics...my boyfriends camera atthat and I dont think he knows she's at my house yet...

Back