New Bunny !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie_in_PA

Reaction score
Ok so, I have "Patch" ... who's a lop (of some kind), and in November I'm getting an English Angora baby.

AND NOW GUESS WHAT ! (LOL!)

I'm going tomorrow to pickup a Giant Chinchilla bunny ! I wanted a flemish giant, but have been having a hard time getting one .. for various reasons. So now I found a breeder who's local to me who has some Giant Chinchilla babies for sale. They're so similar to the Flemish Giants, I decided to get one. I still might get a flemish giant someday, but for now, I'm getting this Giant Chinchilla.

I'll post pictures once I bring my bunny home :)

Is it a boy or a girl?

I'll let ya's know tomorrow. Since I don't even know yet. Planning on getting a girl, but who knows. They have 2 litters available right now, I'm going in the morning to see them all. I might get first pick ! That is, if I make it there before the other lady ... there's another lady going to look at them and pick out 2. So hopefully I get there before her and get first pick ;) hehehe !

Sooo ... I guess we'll have to come up with a name ! Once I know the sex anyway. Give me some ideas ! Mainly girl names ... cause I'm pretty sure I want a girl. But you can add some boy names if ya'll think of some good ones ... just in case :)

I promise I'll post pictures sometime tomorrow ! :)

THEY are here !

My new baby Giant Chinchilla AND my new baby Flemish bunnies are both here !!! :bunny18:bunnydance:

Pictures are almost ready to ... I'm uploading them to photobucket RIGHT NOW ... so I will post them in a second :)

They need NAMES ! They're both SUPPOSED to be GIRLS.

OK ... HERE they are !!! ...

My Giant Chinchilla ...

Resized5.jpg

Resized4.jpg

Resized2.jpg

My Flemish Giant ...

Resized7.jpg

Resized6.jpg

Resized.jpg

Together ...

Resized8.jpg

Resized3.jpg

Now ... THEY NEED NAMES ! HELP ! (pwease :) )

Wow! What lovely babies!:) (Mind you, they'll have a tough time comparing to Patch's good looks, pretty girl...:biggrin2:)

What kinds of names were you looking for?

Tell us about your interests... and we'll go from there...

EDIT: Savanna for the brown one? or Faline? (from the film Bambi)

I was SOOOOOOO tempted at his house ! He has Flemish Giants, Giant Chins, New Zealands, Hotots (Oh I was SOOOO very tempted to get a hotot ... they're so cute!) and then some spotted ones, but I don't know what they were.

I wasn't going to get the flemish at first ... cause they're not pedigreed. But the flemish babies he had were the same age as the giant chins, and I figured I could bond them if I'd keep them together from baby up, and they're both SUPPOSE to be girls ... so I went ahead and got the flemish to. He had a black flemish baby, but it was already promised to someone else.

I like cute, simple names. Nothing sophisticated or fancy. For instance, I like - Skittles, Candy, Pepper (for a black one), Cupcake, Oreo, Spice, Sugar, names like that.

My angora baby's name is "Peppermint." And I named Patch (she didn't have a name before I got her ... she was just "the rabbit")

So cute simple names.

btw - that crate they are in is HUGE .. my almost 5 year old daughter could probably lay in it ... it's that big (and she's TALL for her age!). It's the largest dog crate they make ... that I know of. So they should be quite comfy in that I'm thinking. I do have plans of making them some nice "rabbit houses" (to look like an XL doll house). But that might not be until next year (depends).

Methinks yon lady hast a sweet tooth :D...

If you're into candy bars, we've got sweet marie; twix...
Here's a list...
http://www.garvick.com/mall/candy-store/buy-candy-bars.htm

How about "Candy" for the brown, and Licorice for the grey? (just teasing.. i hate the taste of licorice, but if you like it... :)

Methinks yon lady hast a sweet tooth :D...

If you're into candy bars, we've got sweet marie; twix...
Here's a list...
http://www.garvick.com/mall/candy-store/buy-candy-bars.htm

Hahaha ! WELL ... kinda ;)

Thanks for the list ... I'm really having a hard time with the giant chin. What's GREY !?

I thought of Snickers for the Flemish Giant (what do ya's think?) But what on earth can I name the grey one ? I really do like the name Skittles, but would that be fitting ?

Well, considering it took 3 weeks for Stuart to get his name, I'm not all that quick at settling on a name...
For that matter, my guys usually wind up with two names apiece.

How about some famous female duos?
Salt n' pepa
Laverne and Shirley
Ethel and Lucy

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/namelists/a/namespairs.htm

Ok, I think this one's pretty cute... Miss Cinna and Miss Raisin (Buns) Get it?
Kanga and Roo
Magical Alice and Mischief Jane
Paris and Nicole:p

Hahaha ... I'm SOOOOO opposite ! I can't stand to wait to name my animals ... it drives me NUTS until I have names for them. LOL ! (I know I'm crazy) It's ALL I will think about until I settle on the names I like. So therefore, I always name my animals right away, so I don't go clear WACKO over it ... LOL !

Latest posts

Back