new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdrifter440

Reaction score
We just got this bunny does any one know what breed he is? and how big he will get?

Hi there andwelcome!:welcome1:hello

Very cute bunny. :kiss:Whats his name?

Im not sure about breed. I can move this for you to the rabbitry. Someone there might be able to help you out.

Again,welcome!:wave:

Haley

How old is he? Hard to tell but Ithink that a mix of Dutch and something else is apossibility. The nose snip is a giveaway. Also arethe ears and the body style.

How much does he weigh? It will be much easier to make a guess when he is older.

Sharon

Looks like a lop/dutch mix. Sharon'sright- that nose stripe is classic. His ears look somewhatloppy to me, especially since it looks like one falls sometimes.Butit's hard to tell what kind of lop and the breeds range from tiny tohuge. How old is he and what does he weigh?

We bought this from a petstore at a local mall.We were going to buy one from a breeder but we went by the pet store tolook and see what the had and he was so cute we had to buy him. Theyhad young girls working in there that did not know much. The cage waslabeled mini dwarf and they said he was a few months old...We don'tknow how many lbs he is.

"Mini dwarf?" Petshop ignorance strikes again! They usually don't have a clue, even the managers.

He's very cute though, and I love dutches.

Hello there!

Looks like your cutie could be a cross between an American Domestic anda Dutch? - but what color are his eyes (the pics have the red-eyething)? Anyway, that's a great mix if that's what he is; they'rebeautiful, smart, and gentle! The link below is of "pure-bred" breeds(and rabbit genetics are sometimes a roll of the dice), but you mightfind it interesting. I just like admiring them!

http://exoticpets.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=exoticpets&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arba.net%2Fphoto.htm

I don't think your rabbit is part Lilac becauseLilacs get to 6-8 pounds. Your rabbit is lilac incolor. I still am leaning towards being part Dutch since theycan come in lilac too.

Latest posts

Back