New Bunny Soon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizBuns

Reaction score
So I went down to the local humane society today to discuss being a foster for rabbits and to meet some of the staff that I'll be working w/ when I start volunteering. Since I first talked to the lady who's in charge of the bunnies she had been pushing me to adopt a netherland dwarf girl as a friend for my male netherland dwarf Smokey. Once I was in the shelter she plopped this little nethie girl into my arms and disappeared for about half an hour. I think she knew I would fall in love with her immediately. This bunny has got to be THE SWEETEST rabbit I have ever encountered. She sat happily in my arms, purring and snuggling for almost an hour, and didn't poop or pee once. She's an agouti nethie and they've guestimated her age to be between 2-3 years. Her name is Imogene, althouth I'm not sure if I would keep it that or not. Someone dumped her outside to fend for herself.

My boyfriend finally agreed to let me foster, not adopt. But I'm going to adopt her anyway and keep her as long as I can get her bonded with Smokey. She has to be spayed first, which should happen w/in the next month, and then she'll need some time to rest and recover. I can't wait to get her home. I so didn't want to put her down even. I'll post a pic when I go back w/in the next week or two.

Why not try an foster-to-adopt situation to make sure things work out with Smokey? We encourage this at Gainesville Rabbit Rescue.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm going to do. I'm going to give it like 4-6 months to see if it all works. I hope it does cause she is so sweet.

Awww, i'm so happy for you, how exciting!! She sounds like SUCH a little darling! I really hope the bonding works out and she can stay with you so we get to see pics! :biggrin2:

Aww! You found a snuggle bun! Maybe the boyfriend will change his mind once he sees how cute she is with Smokey (if they get along, that is)! :)

I am almost positive he will change his mind once he gets a chance to snuggle her. You should see the big smiley he gets on his face every time he sees Smokey, and Smokey isn't much of a cuddler just yet. I can pretty much guarantee that he will love her w/in the first day of getting her home, which I hope will be soon!

Latest posts

Back