New Bunny owner - Peaches joins our family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Just before easter we got our newest family member - Peaches, she was an 8 or9 week old lionhead white bunny. She's now about 12 weeks old and such a sweetie.

She's very affectionate, doesn't mind being held or petted and will lick us often. When we let her out of her condo, she binkies around on a blanket and will bunny flop next to us and roll over (wish I could train her to do that!) When we go by her cage in the morning, she runs to the corner and will lean against the cage sides (like a puppy - if she could, I bet that tail would be wagging)

I was expecting an indifferent pet, I read that rabbits are indifferent and independant, but I think we hit the jackpot with her and I hope she stays like that even after she gets fixed.

However, I think my 10 year old son has trouble holding on to her, he's always pretty scratched up - but then again, he's always running around the house in his undies...:p

Here she is - I'm told she's a lionhead but she's really fluffyand her fur is long all over - here she looks like a kitten

DSCF2545-1.jpg

Hi Peaches!

Peaches is gorgeous. Welcome to the forums!

Can't wait to hear more about Peaches. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Also - we love photos, so be sure to post lots!

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Peaches is a real cutie. Rabbits are social animals and have such unique personalities. I have 15 and each one has their own personalities, likes and dislikes.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Aw! Peaches is ADORABLE!

She sounds like a really friendly, affectionate bunny too. Many bunnies, however, even the most affectionate ones, don't like being held. Perhaps your son could just sit on the floor and interact with her? I have a nine-year-old and a twelve-year-old, and neither are allowed to pick up the rabbit (and he's a big 7 1/2 lbs!) for their own safety as well as his.

Looking forward to hearing more about Peaches! :)

Rue

Latest posts

Back