New Bunny Mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeachySteph

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Stephanie, though I prefer Steph (unless you're upset with me). :p
I'm a 27yr old mom of three (and married for 9yrs). My human children are 6, 4, and 1.
We currently have a red betta fish, named Mr. Krabs. A female short-hair german shepherd named Genta (sortened from Magenta).

I have been missing my kitties terribly. Our youngest is allergic, so you can imagine the pain of giving them new homes. Thankfully, my mother in law took in our Persian, so I'll get to see him here and there. I doubt I'll get to see our tortishell main coon again though :(

Recently, I became a bunny mom -- again. I used to be one about 7yrs ago, but due to him constantly competing with my husband he had to find a new home. Which btw, he is VERY spoiled in! It makes it so much easier when they find an excellent new home. My new bunny baby is a Lionhead. We have not named her yet... I'm so undecided.

She's from a local breeder who constantly handles her rabbits, and has many grandchildren who also help the bunnies adjust to families.

This little girl is amazingly sweet, and adjusting so well. It's only been two days and she's already taking food from my hands and doesn't try to get away or struggle when I stroke or pick her up.:hearts It's so cute to watch her dance around too! She has a bell kabob toy hanging in her cage and she jumps past it to make it ring. It's so cute! Anytime I put a new thing in there, or even just my hand she runs over to inspect it "Hey! What are you doing? Huh?" lol I love her curiosity.

The dog is very curious of her, smelling her and coming over every time I walk by the cage "Is she coming out to visit?!" I will not allow bunny loose with the dog in the house, no way. Better safe than sorry. I'll let her sniff and nuzzle as long as I'm holding her.

Sorry this is so long. I'm just so excited to be a bunny mom again. This time a female, since previously a male was competing with my husband (attacking, chasing, etc.). :shock:

388333_2901578219900_1273781998_33250272_496095858_n.jpg

Welcome. You've got a cute one. Many dogs & rabbits can become friends, but go slow. Generally the herding breeds are better at it than the hunting breeds.

our german shepherd and persian cat were inseparable! They were just such good friends! Grooming each other, sleeping together, playing... aww how I miss that. I can see that she (the dog) clearly misses him too.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Very adorable!

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

A BIG warm welcome to you Steph and your lil sweetie Ellie...she is adorable.

Just 10 more days and I'll be a bunny mom again as well...her name is Posie and she is a Holland Lop...she will be 6 weeks old next monday.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of sweet lil Ellie :biggrin:

[line]:bunny19 Have a Super Hoppy Bunny-riffic Day :bunny19

Bren...aka BunnieLuva

Back