New bunny, maybe!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad kelpie

Reaction score
I've been kinda looking for a friend for Basil, but not too hard. There is a small family run pet store in town that does rescue. They're closing in a couple weeks, because the main owner is moving to California. I was looking at the little lionhead in the shop and found out that he was full grown, I mentioned that I needed a big bunny. They said they had a big huge bunny in the back. They said English lop. The kid working brought out this giant lop, but it wasn't an English lop, maybe French? Looked just like my old mini lop, but gigantic. I ascertained that it was probably a female, because I couldn't see testicles, and she had a big dewlap. :). She was really friendly. Apparently, she was found as a stray. She'll stay at my parents house until after Basil is neutered and she has a crusty eye thing that I wanna get cleared up first too. There are no bunnies at my moms house, so if it's contagious, it won't spread.

So yeah, if she's there Saturday, she's coming home with me! :)

Ok, so I looked up french lops and she is absolutely one of those. I cant wait to weigh her. Basil is still a baby, and I can't quite grasp what a 15-20 lb rabbit looks like (he's Checkered and Flemish). Maybe her weight will give me some idea of what to expect with Basil.

It sounds like a great addition to your family. But if she's not still there Saturday, then she will have gone to another good home.

Back