New Bunny Mama

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MimzeeWhimzee

Reaction score
Hello! While my family has had rabbits as long as I've been around, they were always my father's pets. But this week I got a little bundle of my very own. It's my first time taking primary responsibility for a bunny, so I thought I could use all the help I can get. My friend found this forum for me last night when my bunny was sick.

Angel is a 3-4 month old dwarf lionhead who looks like she has some Hotot in her. I got her Tuesday, and we've had a rocky start, but I think we're starting to figure out what we're doing.

Hi there, welcome! There is loads of info in the infirmary that could probably help you get a better understanding of whats going on with your little bun and the forum is loaded with tons of people who can offer you great advice. Good luck with your little one!

Thank you! Yes, I already posted in the infirmary. I was worried it was stasis, but she's starting pooping and eating again.

This forum is great. There are alot of experts on here that have helped me out greatly.

I love lionheads! I have Agnes. Welcome and would love to see pics of your Angel!

Thank you! I've got pictures, but not on the computer yet. Here's a video I took Wednesday. I think she was already grinding then, but I mistook it for purring. :(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTcv2eGHvs[/ame]

Karen.....better check out that video!!!!!^^^^^^ Looks like your Luna a little bit! :)

Angel is So cute. Congrats!!I

agnesthelion wrote:
Karen.....better check out that video!!!!!^^^^^^ Looks like your Luna a little bit! :)

Angel is So cute. Congrats!!I
Saw the video on another thread posted. She does resemble Luna a bit.

Congratulations! Angel is lovely! Wishing you all the best with her. So glad she is feeling better.

K:)

I actually had almost named Angel Luna instead!

I'm a wreck today because I was invited to hang out by my aunt, and I'd love to go. But that means leaving Angel in her cage all alone. :( Would leaving the TV on provide some company? We do that for the dogs in the den. Angel is staying in my room for now.

MimzeeWhimzee wrote:
I actually had almost named Angel Luna instead!

I'm a wreck today because I was invited to hang out by my aunt, and I'd love to go. But that means leaving Angel in her cage all alone. :( Would leaving the TV on provide some company? We do that for the dogs in the den. Angel is staying in my room for now.
When we leave, the radio is always on, which we always did with our dogs. Mine are used to the inside noises, and the radio or tv is always on. It keeps them from hearing any outside noise and getting scared when I'm not there.

Angel will be fine. I felt the same way you do when I first got Dobby and Kreacher. Go enjoy the day with your Aunt.

K:)

Ha ha! Well, I did spend the day with my aunt, but we watched movies at my house instead of hers. Though that was because I was also worried about the dogs. I've been spending so much time with Angel and my parents had been gone so many evenings (and that entire Saturday), so they were feeling lonely, especially the little one. So we all watched movies in the den. I did keep Angel in her cage with the TV on so she could get used to that for when I really have to leave the house for an extended period. She did just fine.

She's also made a full recovery from her tummy problems and is an eating, pooping, playing machine. And so cute that I can't stand it.

Welcometo Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Hopefuly, your bunny will never get sick,if you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back