new bunnie owner, how do u toilet train bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mother_of_flopsey

Reaction score
we have him ouside in the cage and then let him run around in the sunroom but mum would like to toilet train him so he can be in the house sometimes, but we dont know how to? its our first time ever having a rabbit... he was an unexpected christmas present

well, my female took to it straight away!

i guess ur bun is indoors... put her/him in the cage, hutch ect and corden a bit off(like only the top bit of hutch). but it still has food and water ect... put some soiled bedding into the tray/litterbox. she should ctch on how to us it. give ger a little bit more room. but if sshe makes more than a "few"(5) mistakes in one ay put her in the small bit. do dis till she is trinned. if she is not netered/spayed she might stop it when he/she is "growing up" so get he/she netered/ spayed and she might do it again or a little trainnng again.

(dont keep ur bunny in tere all day let him/her out to play) he/she will soon use it.

(rabbits are clean, they uuse the same spot to go to the toilet, so put it in that place. resarch on wht to put n it. i use wood shavings)

hope it helps

Well, is there a certain spot where he goes to the bathroom most often? If there is then try putting a litter box with some shavings or litter in it and see if he starts going in there.

Or another way is to take some if his poos and put them in the litter box, and then he may catch on. But show him the litter box, and let him know where it's at and all.

But also try putting him in a cage and try doing the same things.

Karlee

You might try putting the bedding in a regular kitty litterbox (wood pellet bedding or CareFresh is best, IMHO), and then put a bunch of hay on top. I've never had a bun not litterbox trained with this technique. :)

Put whatever your bun likes to eat inside of the litter box, on top of some bedding. It will give your bun something to do while she's... doing her business...

Back