New Bunnie Added To The Clan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMIE

Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't been around for awhile so i thought i would give everyone an update on my bunnies.
Recently, I added what i think to be an angora x to my bunnie group, raising the number to 4. I wasnt planning to add another rabbit to my clan, certainly not from were i found her. So it all started out with a family trip out to a new 'Animal auction' that had just started up near our house. Once we arrived we saw that it wasn't really an auction but just a couple of people wanting to rid their animals and old children's toys. I had a quick look around but saw nothing of my liking, all i could see was stack after stack of frightened lop mix rabbits, that was until my mother pulled a fluffy pile of rabbit out of a box. The rabbit was one of the least frightened of the bunch, but she was still very scared, i just wanted a cuddle. Once Harlie was in my arms i couldn't return her to her box. She was a lovley fluffy lump, but what really made my decision was the clumps of knotted fur under her belly, i could tell she hadn't been brushed in months. I bought her for £7 as i couldn't bear to let her return to were she had been so horribly ignored.

When we returned home we got out the grooming scissors and set to work. We had been chopping away at mats for almost 3 hours when i decided to call for the dog groomer up the road, Harlie had to be shaved almost completely due to the extreme matting. Once Harlie was shaved it revealed 2 large cuts which had been caused by constant pulling of the mats. Harlie was still not better though, she had internal parasites which we had to treat, and it took ages. It was also blatantly obvious she had been used to be a breeding machine, as her teats were inflamed and still had milk in them. I believe she was sold to me as the woman who previously owned her chose to breed and breed Harlie, when she got to matted for the babies to suckle she sold her on.

Now, 2 months after her 'rescue', Harlie is fit and healthy and finally bonded with Billy, she is loving life, constantly binkying around the garden, and, to my dads upset, digging a long burrow system under his flower patch. She isn't the most person loving rabbit ever but i am still glad i gave her a second chance at life

So glad you rescued her & gave her a great, happy home where she is loved for herself & not for how many babies she can produce. Wish you both a long healthy, happy lifetime together.

Latest posts

Back