New bun has tooth problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww poor baby. They dont look as bad as I pictured them, although Im sure theyve grown since your first post.

They actually dont look all that bad right now. By the looks of things, they probably arent affecting him too much right now. He's still eating normally, right?

The only thing you have to keep an eye on is that they still wear down properly as they grow. If they are misaligned, they will not wear down as they should, and will curl inward or outward. If this happens, you will need to have them trimmed by a vet.

Have you checked out the thread on rabbit teeth in the library? Theres some pics of what to watch for there.

For now, I'd say they look ok IMO :)

Ok thanks Haley, he is still eating as normal. I will take a look in the library, as I'm not used to tooth problems I may be going over the top a little. :?

ellissian wrote:
No, he is not having any of it. He totally disapproves of me right now!

Hehehe...if you thought he disapproved of you when you made this post...what does he think of you after the photo shoot? Poor Harvey. :shock:

Seriously, ellissian, way to go getting those photos. I know that Emmaline & Gingivere would probably NEVER allow me to position them to get those pictures.

-Mary Ellen

He laid there quite calm for a while actually, then all out a sudden just as I was about to take the pic he freaked out a little!:shock::)

I'm quite concerned about one of Harvey's bottom teeth.

I should really be checking for often but today I did check them and one of the teeth is now fully grown, but the other one is smaller than before.

Is it possible that this small one has snapped off somehow?

Latest posts

Back