New Bun, Had to Share My Excitement

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleverpony

Reaction score
Hi guys,

You may remember my post from last week, I was thinking about bringingmy boyfriend's netherland dwarf to live with my mini-rex girl Moxieafter Christmas.

Well, Friday I went Christmas shopping.... and while I did get a fairshare of presents purchased, I made the mistake of wandering throughthe pet store. There were four adorable 8wk old mini-lops in the back,all binkying and flopping all over the place. I just couldn't leavewithout this one little boy (no flames please - I know impulse buysoften end badly, but trust me, that will most definitely NOT be anissue with me). He's a broken fawn color I think, with a bit of whiteon his nose and one lip that gives him a hilarious puzzled-lookingexpression. He and Moxie have touched noses through their cages whenone is out and the other is tucked away. He adores her and is verymellow, she's not too sure of him yet. I am just going to leave themside by side over the holidays and start the bonding process in the NewYear. Pictures of both to come, I just had to share my excitement witheveryone!

*Edited to add that I've named him Finnegan - also known as Finn andFinnegan-BeginAgain, for those who remember the children's rhyme

Thats wonderful!!

I love the name..very cute. We will definitely be needing pics of these two.

I hope your bonding goes well. I think it is probably best to wait atleast a few weeks to try to bond them, until you can be sure he's notsick (and this also gives him time to settle in and build trust withyou).

Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi again! :)

Sounds like you got a real sweetie! Wonderful! Idon't have a problem with people getting buns from pet stores, mostlybecause I view them as needing rescuing, too. No worries...wedon't flame on this site. It's full of really sweet peoplethat, if they ever read anything that concerns them, will very nicelylet you know a better idea or some such.

On that note, there's only one thing I can see that might be a problem:the fact that they're opposite in gender and their cages are soclose...but this is only a problem if they're notspayed/neutered. If they are, no problem. Ifthey're not, I recommend putting at least 1.5 feet in between cages, asbuns have been known to mate through the bars (don't ask...I sure don'twanna know either, lol.) Just something that's worthnoting! Anything to prevent a surprise litter! :)

Anyway, how exciting!! What's his personality like? I LOVE the name Finnegan! :)

Do you have any pictures of your cuties? I'd LOVE to see them!! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

Congrats on your new addition.

I've bought from pet stores before and hey...those animals need love too - right?

I'm so happy for you and I love the name!

Peg

Latest posts

Back