New bun and exercise time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jen92473

Reaction score
We just got a Dutch, probably 8 weeks old and tiny! S/he (pet store peeps couldn't be 100% sure) has a NIC cube cage and we'd like to let him/her out for exercise. Would a big pen (like an XL pen) be big enough if s/he's out for several hours a day and then back in the cage at night to sleep? Our former bunny had full run of the living room and ended up chewing carpet and couches and I'd rather not have a repeat of that. We don't have space to create a really big area for the bunny to be in, but I thought we could open up the pen while s/he runs around, then fold it up at night. The NIC cage is really a three-story condo, but until s/he's bigger, we've kept it contained to one level. Thoughts?

Do you have room to set up an X pen for her to run around in?

One of those could be folded up when not in use. It would help to keep your bun contained but with space for plenty of exercise. A good place to look for them is on ebay. I bought mine from a company that sells them. It was new, not used. I got the highest they make which is 48" tall and it cost me if I remember right $70 including shipping which is a much better price then store bought.

I have an xpen & my girls & I love it! It works well for us. Room for hidey boxes, food/water bowls, litter pan & a bit of bunny romping fun. lol

Latest posts

Back