New Barn!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyemondRabbitry

Reaction score
Finally! I have gotten my new barn almost completed. It is now a 12 x 24 building, completely insulated, cement floor with drains, ELECTRIC, automatic watering system and triple stack cages!

Whoo hoo! Right now there is Plywood on the walls which will soon be covered with a pvc like material in white to make cleaning and disenecting easier.

K, thought I'd share.

Awesome :D Do we get pictures when it's done?

Ok, here's a couple pictures- note that I don't have lights in yet.. lol!

jason017.jpg

jason018.jpg

jason019.jpg

The single cages are 24 x 24, brooders are 30 x 30. I'm a bit dis-satisfied with the trays though.. I'll have our neighbor bend me some 2 or 3 inch deep trays, that way their streams of pee can't go out over and down to the floor..

Just because the books say that the cages must be a certain size doesn't mean the rabbits in them are stimulated and content. I like the barn and the concrete floor, but I disagree with keeping rabbits like this. I suggest keeping fewer rabbits, at least doubling the cage size and making sure each and every one is let out to exercise on the floor daily.

dallasmyponi wrote:
Just because the books say that the cages must be a certain size doesn't mean the rabbits in them are stimulated and content. I like the barn and the concrete floor, but I disagree with keeping rabbits like this. I suggest keeping fewer rabbits, at least doubling the cage size and making sure each and every one is let out to exercise on the floor daily.

The OP is a breeder, hence why she has the number of rabbits she does. She has a rabbitry - these aren't house rabbits ;) Taking that many rabbits out every day is a lot of work, especially when people have jobs. ;)

Emily

Back