New Baby Bubby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvit73

Reaction score
This is Anya , my baby Netherland Dwarf ? bunny .

AnyaA1.jpg

AnyaA2.jpg

AnyaA3.jpg

AnyaA4.jpg

AnyaA5.jpg

AnyaA6.jpg

AnyaA7.jpg

Sorry , I thought it was going in the rabbitpictures section . How do I delete a post ? Or edit the title to saybunny instead of bubby ? :?

What an absolutely beautiful little baby :). Sheis so cute. Sorry I don't know about the editing thing but since yourpictures are here I'm enjoying them.

Maybe it could stay as your 'family album'? Is that your other bunny in your avatar?

Kate

Absolutely adorable :) It's not aNetherland Dwarf. It is a sable point Holland Lopwhoseears haven't lop yet.

Did you get it at a pet store? Poor little cutie was too young to be weaned and retailed.

Pam

Your new bun is very very cute.

You can't edit the title of a post after it's posted, just the contentsof the post. Don't worry, we still love seeing the pictures of yourawesome bunny!

pamnock wrote:
Absolutely adorable :) It's not a NetherlandDwarf. It is a sable point Holland Lop whoseearshaven't lop yet.

Did you get it at a pet store? Poor little cutie was too young to be weaned and retailed.

Pam
Yes , I got her from a pet store . All the bunnies they had were thissize . She's too young ? Will she be ok ? Do I need to feed heranything different ? How can you tell her age ? I had thought theylooked young , just because they all have the tiny ears , like the picsof babies I've seen on here .

Well , if she's a lop , then I understand why her ears are sideways alot . :p

pamnock wrote:
Absolutely adorable :) It's not a NetherlandDwarf. It is a sable point Holland Lop whoseearshaven't lop yet.

Pam

In order not to be lopped yet, the little squirt must be under 4 wks, if I remember right! :shock:

Looks like I remember my 3 wk. olds....poor little squirt...notice howshe's sleeping in the first pic....that's another clue. At 5wks. you can't make them sit still, but a 3 wk. old will conkout anywhere.

One neat thing with raising a very young baby is that they get verylonely and will "adopt" anyone who will cuddle. You will certainly be"mom"! At that age they like warm dark enclosed spaces with heartbeats.Like your jacket pocket. :D

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Absolutelyadorable :) It's not a Netherland Dwarf. It is asable point Holland Lop whoseears haven't lop yet.

Pam

In order not to be lopped yet, the little squirt must be under 4 wks, if I remember right! :shock:

Looks like I remember my 3 wk. olds....poor little squirt...notice howshe's sleeping in the first pic....that's another clue. At 5wks. you can't make them sit still, but a 3 wk. old will conkout anywhere.

One neat thing with raising a very young baby is that they get verylonely and will "adopt" anyone who will cuddle. You will certainly be"mom"! At that age they like warm dark enclosed spaces with heartbeats.Like your jacket pocket. :D

Rose
Is that true of all breeds? Bo used to sleep most ofthe day when we got him. I could put him in my pocket and goabout stuff. :shock: Our vet thought Bo was atleast a month younger than the breeder told me.

Rose, I agree that the little one appears to beunder 4 weeks of age. When the ears lop depend on a number offactors. The ears may lop as early as 2 weeks, or may neverlop at all.In most cases, the ears should havelopped by6-8 weeks.

Luvit, while bunnies weaned at that can do very well, they are highlysubject to the stress of a new environment and change indiet. In some states such as mine, it is illegal to sellbunnies at such an early age. However, these laws can bedifficult to enforce.

Avoid stress and watch for any changes in the bunnies appetite ordroppings. They are more susceptible to viral illness at thistime of year.

Pam

lanna21974 wrote:
Adorable

You would do well to take Pam's advice. She knows what she's talking about.:D

Lanna

Or at least once in a while I know what I'm talking about LOL

Pam

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Is that true of all breeds? Bo used to sleep most of the daywhen we got him. I could put him in my pocket and go aboutstuff. :shock: Our vet thought Bo was at least amonth younger than the breeder told me.
I observed it in both my very young Hols and Pals, but I did have amixed-breed once who appeared to be a few weeks older who liked tosleep in my coat. But I think she was just a little insecure from beingweaned too soon and abused.

My young mini-Rex (at 6-8 wks.) was a wild little racing demon. And a BAD BOY!!!:X:p

Rose

Yeah, I think Bo was a bit younger. He was SO tiny when I got him.

I think the breeder might have just pushed it a little cause they were weaned and they had our fair to go to.

I also wonder if Bo was a bit sickly those first couple ofweeks. I had carried him through the fairgrounds and didn'tfeed him hay at first either. He did have pellets but hadsoft poos.

ANyhow..... he's fine now, so that's what is important. :D

Holy cow , so she's only around three weeks old?! :shock:She does seem to sleep alot . Tonight I brought herout into the livingroom withme , let her cruise around on thecouch . She climbed right up my arm onto my shoulder and , aftersniffing my ear , promptly fell asleep . Actually , each time I'vetaken her out of her cage , she's kind of "burrowed"betweenmy hand andbody and went to sleep . I thought she was justscared . Ok , now I have to ask - how should her pellets look now ? Theones I've seen , well , if anyone eats Grapenuts cereal , they looklike one piece of that , very small . I bought her the same food shewas eating at the pet store , till I could gradually switch her to mine. But since she's so young , should I not do that , just keep her onthe food she knows ? Should I take her to the vet now ? How long shouldI keep her out of her cage ? I don't want to stress her ! Sorry for allthe questions , I just don't want anything to happen to her .

Luvit73 wrote:
Holy cow , so she's only around three weeks old ?!:shock:She does seem to sleep alot . Tonight I brought herout into the livingroom withme , let her cruise around on thecouch . She climbed right up my arm onto my shoulder and , aftersniffing my ear , promptly fell asleep . Actually , each time I'vetaken her out of her cage , she's kind of "burrowed"betweenmy hand andbody and went to sleep . I thought she was justscared . Ok , now I have to ask - how should her pellets look now ? Theones I've seen , well , if anyone eats Grapenuts cereal , they looklike one piece of that , very small . I bought her the same food shewas eating at the pet store , till I could gradually switch her to mine. But since she's so young , should I not do that , just keep her onthe food she knows ? Should I take her to the vet now ? How long shouldI keep her out of her cage ? I don't want to stress her ! Sorry for allthe questions , I just don't want anything to happen to her .

Oh yeah, that definitely sounds like a 3 wk. old. Tires out fast,burrows, and sleeps! She'll get more active in the next few weeks. Theyreally want to snuggle at this stage, so I wouldn't be afraid ofcarrying her around with you alotor just sittingwith her. You may get peed on frequently--they don't have a lot ofcontrol at that age. Just so she has a chance to eat and drink normally.

Her poops will indeed be really small. If she doesn't have diarrhea,she's probably fine. Any diet change should be gradual. Try itcarefully and see what works.

A vet visit's probably not needed unless she stops eating, drinking, and pooping, or she gets severe diarrhea.

It's a shame she's on her own so young--good thing you got her!:D

Rose

Thanks for the help . One last question - I'mthinking , for such a young baby , physical contact with another isimportant . So , would it be ok to let her sleep in the bed with me ,or will she need water at night too ?

Latest posts

Back