New babies ;-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin

Reaction score
Hello you all!

After more than a year that Raisin has died I have openend my heart to new pets again. I could however not get another bunny as it still reminds me to much of Raisin........so I got a Senegal Parrot 3 months ago and then 3 weeks ago decided to add another little feathered friend.....a 2 months old budgie with more personality that I have ever seen in a such a small body. He's absolutely adorable and really tries to give his "big brother" a hard time.

Does any of you know if my budgie "Pickles" and my senegal "Skollie" will be friends? So far the senegal has been agressive and prossesive and little Pickles does not have a scared feather on his body, so I really have to watch those two.

Please let me know if you have any experience with budgies and parrots.

Take care

Congratulations on your new additions! :)

I would really watch the two if you let them interact. Skollie could easily injure Pickles especially if he is already showing aggression. It should be alright to have them in separate cages next to each other though as they might benefit from the company.

Do we get pics? :)

Hey Numbat

I watch them very closely when they are both out of the cage. The little one is so busy that I cannot leave the room for a second without either putting him in his cage or taking him along. They each have their own cages with a play gym that I build in between. So close enough for company but far enough for danger. Yea Skollie is possesive of me even towards my boyfriend. He's a real Hooligan (Skollie is Afrikaans for Hooligan ;-)

Would love to add some pic's but how do I do that?

First of all, congrats on your budgie! As for letting him interact with your Senegal, I would say NO. Do not let them spend ANY time together, not even if you're there to supervise. Senegals are much larger than budgies and all it would take is one bite to kill the Budgie. I have cockatiels and we want to buy a larger parrot one day, so I've done a done a ton of research about parrots. They're so impulsive and territorial that even if the Senegal wasn't acting aggressively towards the Budgie, I still wouldn't let them out together. I'm sure if you asked this question on a Senegal forum, other more experienced bird people would also say not to risk having them near each other. Please don't risk Pickles' life by letting him near Skollie.

Sorry if I sound mean, I just don't want Pickles to get hurt. Do you have any pictures of the two cutie pies to share? I love parrots, big and little!

Thanks for the link and it explains it very nicely but unfortuanetly we do have some or other block here at the office and it gives me a Error 407 :pullhair::tantrum::crash

so will not be able to upload photo's to photo bucket :cry1:

Dont worry, you dont sound mean, just concerned and I do understand. Dont worry I will not take any chances with Pickles close to Skollie, I love them both to much. Pickles is more my boyfriends bird so he sits with him and Skollie sits with me so that they both get enough attention and dont come close to each other.

Latest posts

Back