New arrivals refuse to eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
What do I do...they wont even eat hay. Im starting to get worried. I think they might be stressed from the travel...They are 8 weeks old. Ive tried calf manna, oats, hay, pellets....nothing.

I had one do that every time we took her to the vet for a nail clip. I'd syringe her a little bit of critical care and water and she go back to what passes for "normal".

Im going to go to TSC today to see what they have. I need to do something. I dont want this to go on for much longer.

Well hes eating some hay. Hes moving around the room. Ive been giving him tummy massages, simethicone, and electrolytes along with probiotics. Im just watching and waiting. Hes hangin in there =)

what was he eating before you got him? Some are very picky about only eating what they're used to (or what their brothers and sisters would try first). Takes them awhile to recognize new food. I've got a park bunny here who is only now learing to eat pellets and salads three weeks later.

sas :clover:

Maybe thats why hes not eating pellets. What he was eating only comes in 50lb bags and its only 15% protein so its not something Id use normally...I didnt want to have to buy a whole 50lb bad just for a couple days =(...sigh, looks like Im gonna have to though

Hi, can you ask the people where you got the bunnies from for a couple cups of the pellets, that way you can mix the two?

Buying a 50 pound bag is rediculous if you aren't going to use it. Then again maybe you can donate it to a rescue or shelter for homeless bunnies.

Good Luck.

Susan:)

Just an update. They are both doing great. The buck who I was most worried about has pulled through just fine. All that information I got from on here worked out just nicely and I want to thanks everyone for your concern =) Hes an eating and poopin machine now!

Latest posts

Back