New Aquarium

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquamoonbeam

Reaction score
Super excited because I just bought an adorable aquarium!

http://www.petco.com/product/117228/Fluval-Edge-Aquarium-Kit-in-Black.aspx?CoreCat=FishFC_Tanks

I originally was thinking of it for my boyfriend for Christmas butttttttt I think I might steal it. ;) what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him! We already have a 50 gallon with Tinfoil barbs who he lovessss and we have a 75 that he hasn't set up yet.

I have been looking at some fish forums and I think this tiny aquarium would be perfect to try some live plants for the first time in. I might also try some shrimps guys yay.

I love the look of it and it was on sale for 104 plus I got ten bucks off so I went for it. I love fluval so hopefully I am impressed.

Late night purchases! D'oh! But I have been eyeing it up for a couple weeks. Whatever....still excited. End rant. :)
:foreheadsmack::p

They are a very nice looking tank aren't they!! I think you should steal it and get yourself some cherry shrimp to start off with they are alot more harider than the Crystal red shrimip.

Oh fun! What a lovely tank. When we got our salt setup my husband had some very nice aquatic plants (he loves them) but sadly our octopus used them for evil and they had to be removed :( I have been thinking of getting Jason a little tank like this for his plants with maybe shrimp and little crabs. It would look nice in his art studio.

Oh fun! What a lovely tank. When we got our salt setup my husband had some very nice aquatic plants (he loves them) but sadly our octopus used them for evil and they had to be removed :( I have been thinking of getting Jason a little tank like this for his plants with maybe shrimp and little crabs. It would look nice in his art studio.

I was thinking of some cherry shrimp. They are pretty cute! And you made me laugh so hard....your octopus used your plants for evil? Hahaha troublemaker! I loved the look of it, I think I a going to steal it and set it up by the bed in our new apartment. Exciting. He can still enjoy it I guessss. Lol but I am quite excited to aqua scape it and make it look beautiful!

The fluval edge is a great shrimp tank and cherry shrimp are a great starter shrimp as they are very hardy. Once you get the hang of shrimp there are lots of new varieties available now. I love shrimp and keep cherries, yellows, greens, crystal reds and starry nights. The cherries, yellows and greens are all really easy but the crystal shrimp and sulawesi are more difficult. Stick to the easy ones. They are pretty much add water and they will breed. Plus then you don't have to worry about ph and hardness.

Also the fluval edge's lighting isn't the greatest for plants. If you want a nicely planted aquarium you should upgrade the lighting since the light it comes with is halogen and its not really good for growing plants. There are TONS of websites that can show you how to do this.

My tank has live plants, cherry shrimp, guppies, neon tetras, and a beta. It's so relaxing to sit and enjoy watching it in the evenings.

The best advice I got when I first started a live plant tank is to use "flourish excel". I make sure the tank is well aerated to give an extra margin so the fish don't get overwhelmed by the carbon. It works out very well for all.

MiniLopHop wrote:
My tank has live plants, cherry shrimp, guppies, neon tetras, and a beta. It's so relaxing to sit and enjoy watching it in the evenings.

The best advice I got when I first started a live plant tank is to use "flourish excel". I make sure the tank is well aerated to give an extra margin so the fish don't get overwhelmed by the carbon. It works out very well for all.
Agree, flourish excel is a great product for smaller planted tanks. Much easier then having to deal with the hassle of a DIY co2 bottle or the cost of a co2 canister. I use it on all my planted tanks that are <20g. Just be careful about dosing amounts. I've "melted" quite a few plants(vallisneria, elodea mostly) by dosing a little too frequently. Also note it can be used to spot kill algae in higher doses. Its a great little product.

Latest posts

Back