New addition....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
I fell in love with this little girl at the petstore after holding her a few minites, she was just so calm andsweet. Supposedly she is 5 months old and a lionhead mix butshe seems awfully small to me, I don't think she weighs much more thana pound if that.

09-12-05babs.jpg

babs091405.jpg

babs09-14-05.jpg

I have never seen a lionhead in person and am not sure what size theyget to be, so I am wondering if she is especially small or if they arewrong about her age. Also I am wondering what she is could bemixed with, because of her small size I would have guessed netherlanddwarf but not with those big ears.:D

She might even be mixed with mini lop. Big ears,roundish head. Or she may be purebred. I'm no expert on Lionheads butshe's a cutie. Congrats on the new addition.

She's adorable!! I love this perfect pose! What a Lady!!

babs091405.jpg

What's this Beauty's Name?

-Carolyn

What's Mr. Ben think of his new sister?

-Carolyn

I think I'm a changed woman. The firsttime I saw a picture of a lionhead I said they were creepy and I didn'tlike them. However, the more I see them, the more I actuallylike them. Yours is really cute!

Ben is such an angel that he just loveseverybody, his girlfriend Zoe on the other hand is not too happy withthe new arrival so I have her separated. I've got the newbunny in the bathroom with a gate set up so they other bunnies can'tget to her, but of course Ben can jump right over the gate so he's beenvisiting her regularly.

If you need help or have qustions with bondingthem, feel free to ask. I have two bucks and a doe all in the samecage, all happily bonded. :)

She could be ahybrid -- hard to guess,but if she's that tiny with big ears, she could be a very smallnon-dwarf (which would have larger ears that a rabbit with the dwarfinggene).

Her age seems right -- she's already lost most of her skirt and a lot of the mane is thinning out.

Her body type and head set are awesome. With a full mane, she'd be a killer on the show table :cool:

Pam

zoecat6 wrote:
Ben is such an angel that he just loves everybody, hisgirlfriend Zoe on the other hand is not too happy with the new arrivalso I have her separated. I've got the new bunny in thebathroom with a gate set up so they other bunnies can't get to her, butof course Ben can jump right over the gate so he's been visiting herregularly.

Ben SOROCKS!!

Typical Flemish, but extra special.

-Carolyn

Actually I have 8 rabbits, 5 males and 3 femalesthat are bonded and uncaged that are living together peacefully (thisincludes Gentle Ben my Flemish giant). But this female is sosmall and I don't want her hurt by one of my other females, I have onefemale californian (Bens girlfriend) that has become especiallyterritorial. All of my bunnies are fixed except for the last2 that are too young. Anyway my point is that I will beintroducing her, but very slowly with a lot of supervision so nobodygets hurt:D.

I would bet she is a hybrid maybe F1 or F2,probably a single mane as I have some hybrid F1 and F2 I have gottenfrom other breeders and though they do not have the skirting perse likea double mane they do get some fur on the knees and around the tail/backside area. Love that color, the avatar by my stats is an F2 bornhere named "Pocket" she is a double mane. Her dad was the smallest buckin my herd weighing in at justover 2pounds, as an adult. I lost himthough in the dog attack a couple months ago. Love her picture thoughshe is adorable. I love the agouti colors best and have been trying tore-build my tiny little herd of agouti. Good luck with her.

:angel:

Pam

Yeah I agree with Bluebird,

Netherland dwarf would be my guess too. Commonly used to bring down theweight and ear size. Someimes they still get the bigger ears. I haveheard the Englis/Swedish imports that had been brought in were on thebig side sometimes with longer narrower faces then calls for in ourstandards.

Pam

Latest posts

Back