New Addition!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Bosley

Reaction score
Greetings RO!!
As some of you know, I lost my lovely Himalayan, Rue, due to complications with her spay surgery. It was devastating to me... so I decided that if I did get another Bunny it would have to be fixed already. Which led me in the direction of going to a rescue to adopt!

Now I wasn't looking yet, but I work part time as a dog trainer at Petsmart and we had a big adoption event this weekend. Low and behold when I was working Friday, they set up all the adoption tables with all the pets for adoption and there were two rabbits. I absolutely fell in love with this sweet little Dwarf mix who came in as a stray. He was only $25... and fixed already! Needless to say, I went back yesterday to adopt him :biggrin2:

I'd love some help on figuring out a name for him! His name through the shelter is Dax. Which I don't mind. I was also thinking Herbie...but can't decide! Help me out :?

IMG_00000690.jpg

facebook-20130914-220705.jpg

Congratulations to you & Dax/Herbie!!!! He is a lovely bun or I guess since he is a male he is a handsome bun! lol Right now I can't think of a name, maybe with more of his personality it might help with thinking of names.

I am sorry about your loss of your Rue. As a matter of fact it has given me pause with having my girls spayed. May I ask how old Rue was? I so love my bunny girls, I'm really torn as to what is best for them. I want them to have a long, healthy & happy life. Pardon me for asking as I know it must still be very painful for you.

Glad you now have Dax/Herbie in your life to love! Maybe Daxby? lol The Great Daxby! Great book, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald! lol Sorry, couldn't resist the blending of his past name with your name Herbie. Also reminds me of Zaxby's restaurant. lol I know you & Dax/Herbie will come up with the perfect name soon!

Haha Daxby is kinda cute!

Rue was roughly 8 months. The vet said she had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic. It is very, very rare for that to happen! It hasn't deterred me from spaying my other girl, I'm just waiting for her to be a better weight as she is a Lionhead and very small still. I am still pro spay and neutering with Bunnies. Just make sure you do go to a knowledgeable vet, and that your Buns are a good size.

So far my new guy seems to be sweet and curious! I'll post more once I get to know him.

Congratulations on the new boy, he's a cutie. We firmly believe in neutering even though it does leave you some anxious moments. You could go with Rue II. In the past we've had 2 Stewarts' so I could say I had a Bunny Stew, and our avatar is Bunnicula II or Nikki. Glad to see your coming along even though none of us ever forget any of our bunnies. Our 2 newest rescues are Cosmo ( and he lives up to his name) and Hopscotch--they both kept the names as they already new them and come when called.

Thanks!
I've decided to keep his name as Dax. It suits him and I always find myself calling him that! He is an awesome little guy. Very glad I adopted!

Dax is a character! It's tough because he was found as a stray, so I have no real background information on him...

He is anywhere between 1-3 years, and had VERY badly over grown teeth... he had them trimmed 2 times at the shelter! So I will have to keep an eye on that. :nurse: Gave him a few days to settle into his new surroundings before allowing some "out of cage" time in our pet room. Yesterday he got his first cage free time! He enjoyed it SO much that he decided to escape his cage today...no idea how :eek:hwell: Hopefully he doesn't again! Dax and Chive have been allowed meet and greets through the cage, and they seem to really like one another!!! :D Can't wait to do bunny dates.

What are the signs of over grown teeth? I am TRYING to promote good chewing habits by providing lots of different chews to see what he likes :) So far, not much interests him!

Should I wait for Chive to be spayed before doing any bunny dates? Dax has been fixed for a few months already... new to this whole bonding thing! But since they seem to be enjoying one another through the cages I want to try and bond them.

It's good to know that they're getting along. I would however wait until after spaying chive before properly bonding them. As they'll have to be separated for some time after her surgery so that she can properly heal. And then once her hormones settle down a bit, she may react differently as well.

I got my Mr.Pickles today. He is amazing amd so gental only 2 months old and already a monster.

IMG_5223.jpg

Latest posts

Back