Neville's Blog... that he shares with the other critters!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkw

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am quite new to this forum. I started lurking months ago, before I even had a bunny of my own. Now, that I do have one, I pop up every now and then when I have a question. I thought I'd create a blog since I would love to share pictures of Neville, my bunny, and my other pets. So, here it goes!

A little about me... I am 21 years old, and I am finally on the right track! It has taken me longer than most of my peers, but I was unsure of what I wanted when I initially started college. I flip-flopped from wanting to be a veterinarian to wanting to be a journalist to wanting to be a teacher to having absolutely no idea what I wanted to do! I ended up moving back home after two years at a well known public university and spent a year trying to figure myself out. I am glad to say in that time, I got it together, and I got accepted into nursing school, which I will be starting this fall.

I am a HUGE animal person, and I have been this way all of my life. I come from a family where everyone appreciates animals, and I have been exposed to all different kinds. At about 10 years old, I became involved with conformation dog shows. By the age of 12 I had bred my first litter with the help of a knowledgeable breeder. Then, at 15, I began shadowing at a veterinarian's office, which I did throughout high school. When I moved to college, I was desperate to be around animals again, and I started volunteering at the local shelter. Somewhere in between all of that, I also found time to rescue several dogs from neglect and three horses from starvation and nurse them back to health and eventually find them permanent homes.

Enough about me though, I know you all really would like to "meet" the animals! I will give each of them their own, formal introduction starting with...

"Neville Longbottom"!
Neville is a seven month old broken blue Holland Lop buck.
I had wanted a Holland Lop for a while, and when his breeder emailed me his picture, I immediately fell in love. He is a bit of a shy, awkward bunny. That is actually why I named him Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter. He can be a sweetheart though, and he does a ton of binkies, so I know he is happy. I hope the longer he is with me, and the more time I spend with him on the ground, the more trusting he becomes of me. I think he is just adorable!
001.jpg

"Eclipse"
Eclipse is an (almost) seven year old classic brown tabby American Shorthair. I absolutely adore this kitty. I had wanted a kitten, specifically an American Shorthair, but I could not find one since they are not a very common breed. When I finally did find a breeder, I begged and begged my parents to let me pick out a kitten, and with a lot of coaxing, they did. Of course, I picked out the sickest kitten in the litter! She came home with coccidia and a UTI, and I had to force feed her for 2 months until she was healthy. Now, she is a very healthy, active cat. She is an indoor/outdoor kitty and spends her days patrolling the yard and barn for rodents.
009.jpg

"Penny Lane"
Oh, Penny Lane. I love this dog, but she drives me absolutely crazy! She is a two year old tri-factored sable merle Rough Collie. I purchased her, because I had been wanting another Collie for quite some time to live with me at college. I could not bring my current dog at the time due to reasons I will explain later. So, Penny came to live with me in January, and she has been trying my sanity ever since! She is full of energy and as smart as whip. She is the happiest dog I have ever been around and really has a hard time containing herself, but I love her to death!
2009DecemberPennyLane4.jpg

"Lady"
Lady is blue merle Rough Collie, and she is my first dog. She turns 11 years old in October. I decided in 5th grade that I needed a blue merle Collie, and I searched literally all over the country until I found one... in Michigan. So, I had her shipped to me, and I am so glad I did. She means the world to me, and I don't know what I will do when she is gone. She is the best and the worst dog combined. She is so gentle and loving with me, family, and close friends, but the moment a stranger shows up, she becomes a totally different dog. She is very protective of the house and her people. She has been a struggle to live with, but I would not have it any other way .
001.jpg

So, there you have it! After my very first, lengthy post, you know a little about me and my little menagerie of animals. I hope you enjoy the pictures. More will come soon! I am so excited to have a working camera again!

Latest posts

Back