Never seen this before in my life...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izhang

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a little troubled by what I found today in the bunny cage. I've been fostering a bonded lop pair for about half a month now. It took a little while for them to be litter trained not to go on the carpet, but they learned quick. Today however, I found a pile of what looked like a pile of crumbled chocolate cake on the carpet next to their food bowl.

On first inspection I thought it might just be soft poo, but it just didn't seem right. I've seen soft poo and cecals before and this definitely had the consistency of chocolate cake. Then I thought it might be throw up, but I know that rabbits can't throw up, so that can't be right either. Then I was thinking maybe they poo'd on the floor and peed on top, and the pee made the poo expand and disintegrate a little, but that never happens in the litter box...

Anyway, thoughts? I'm just so confused.

They're both healthy, very active, still eating, etc.

Could it maybe be pellets that got wet? Pellets do expand and crumble a bit when wet. You could try putting some water on some pellets, just enough to get them damp, and see if that looks like the stuff your found.

A picture would be helpful to determine what is it.

Now that I think about it it's probably just wet pellets. Here's an image anyway:

2iax7dd.jpg

Latest posts

Back