Never molts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
So you all know my buns :rabbithop

Silas, my Flemish is molting like crazy right now, and so is my dutch, Sabriel.
I have like a pound of rabbit fur in my trash can from brushing them :laughsmiley:
Seriously, there is SO much!

But Solara, almost NEVER molts it seems like. :?

When Sabriel went through his first molt, Solara never did- except for a few stray tufts of fur..
and now that Sabriel and Silas are molting like crazy again.. yet AGAIN, Solara isn't.

But this time- at ALL. :panic:

I mean, she sheds, but hardly unless I hold her. Her fur gets like ALL over me when I do.

And when I pet her with a damp hand, some fur comes out... and if I brush her with a furminator, hardly anything comes out. :huh

I just feel it's weird. She never gets the chunky fur like Silas and Sabriel. :dunno

What do you guys think? :ponder:

I'll just assume no one knows? :whistling:dunno

I was thinking of asking this question as well. I've owned Billy for three years and I've NEVER seen him molt. Like Solara, there are times when I pet Billy and more fur comes off, but he has never looked anything aside from prim and proper. Ronnie, on the other hand, molts a few times a year (he's just finishing one up now), and looks completely disheveled in the process.

Little Bay Poo wrote:
I was thinking of asking this question as well. I've owned Billy for three years and I've NEVER seen him molt. Like Solara, there are times when I pet Billy and more fur comes off, but he has never looked anything aside from prim and proper. Ronnie, on the other hand, molts a few times a year (he's just finishing one up now), and looks completely disheveled in the process.
Yeah, it's weird, isn't it? I can't seem to put my finger on it.
I hope someone will come along and tell us what they think!

Some rabbits just shed differently than others I think. Otto doesn't really get the chunky molt look - for the most part he just sheds out slowly over a longer period of time. Hannah gets the clear molt line (more obvious because she's an agouti color) with the tufty fur.

Have you tried different types of brushes on her? It might be that she's shedding, but you just haven't found the right type of brush for her coat. The slicker type brushes don't work at all on Otto, but I've had good success with the Hair Buster comb. The slicker didn't go to waste though because it works wonders on Hannah.

Back