Never Forget

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a nanny for my boss's 3 kids and was on my way to work that morning. I heard it on the radio and was wondering if it was a joke. The station I was listening to plays practical jokes all the time. I got to my boss's house and turned on the t.v. It wasn't a joke. I saw both towers collapse and the Pentagon in smoke. My heart dropped.

Days after were very eerie. I live in the landing zone of an international airport so there are always weird noises and airplanes taking off or landing. When the planes hit, the goverment told the airlines that had planes in the air that they were to all land within 2 hours. For 3 days, the only planes in the sky were military. Very scary to be at my house and not hear A THING!!! I will never forget that as long as I live.

My heart goes out to everyone who has been effected by 9/11.

Sharon

One more thing that I wanted to add that I remember...I remember the comradary (sp) that everyone had for weeks after. There was no road rage, people opened doors and smiled at one another.

Sharon

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
One more thing that I wanted to add that I remember...I remember the comradary (sp) that everyone had for weeks after. There was no road rage, people opened doors and smiled at one another.

Sharon
Provided they didn't look Arabic. Someone I knew had to pull her kids from school for a while. The other kids were harassing them because they were Muslims and therefore somehow related to the terrorists.:?

I realized that too after I wrote that statement but in my area, I didn't notice it too much. I did notice that people were being nice to each other.

I do, however, notice that now, people have gone back to the way it was before. People just aren't as nice again and road rage is back in full force. The world would be a much better place if everyone could just get along.

Sharon

I don't think anything has affected me as much as that day.

I was at work (it was the afternoon in the UK) and first my mom phoned as she was watching TV when it happened. Then, everyone else at work had phone calls from family members who were watching it. I was working in a coffee shop, and we had no customers at all.

My mom and I were due to go to Orlando on holiday three days after it happened, and all the flights were cancelled. However, we did go the following week, and were so moved by the Patriotism we saw - cars flying flags, people wearing ribbons etc. Also, people thanked us for coming over, as a lot of people had cancelled their trips, being afraid to fly.

My thoughts go out to all families/friends of those that died in the attacks that day!

Jan

Latest posts

Back