neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusselandRoxy

Reaction score
I would mostly like to ask people in the UK howmuch it cost them to get their rabbit neutered or spayed coz i wouldlike to get mine done so they can live together instead of mestruggling with getting them all out separately.I dont mindpeople outside the uK giving me an idea of how much theirs costedeither even if it is in $$. Also, did it help improve litter habbits?

leanne:)

I live in canada and it was $200 cad. I hadperfectly trained bunnies until they hit puberty, then they went as faras to drop thier messeson my feet whenever i wasnt looking. Ihad one spayed at 6 months who stopped immediatly after the spay andthe other who was spayed at 7.5 months and stopped about a months afterthe spay. Both are perfectly litter trained now. Spay is more expensivethan a nuter though in most places. :)

LittleMija2 wrote:
I live in canada and it was $200 cad. I had perfectlytrained bunnies until they hit puberty, then they went as far as todrop thier messeson my feet whenever i wasnt looking. I hadone spayed at 6 months who stopped immediatly after the spay and theother who was spayed at 7.5 months and stopped about a months after thespay. Both are perfectly litter trained now. Spay is more expensivethan a nuter though in most places. :)
Ok, thanks! I really cant litter train mine so i hope if i decide to go through with it, it will improve.

Leane

I payed a lot for Wrigley's neuter, but that isbecause I had laser surgery done and also had two different medicationsto give him.

I must also say that his litter habits have improved greatly.He occasionally will leave a few poops around, but nothingmajor. :D

Jenn

i phoned up the vet today and i was told thatthey charge £55+vat for a rabbits neuter. Do you think this isareasonable price coz i want the best for my baby?

Leanne

We paid $125 USD for spay and $80 USD for neutering. The vet is recommended by HRS and is an exotic animal vet.

That covered everything including an overnight stay, meds, and follow-up visit (if necessary).

Our regular vet charges $195 USDfor spaying. I didn't ask about neutering.

Neutering definitely improved Benji's litter habits and eliminated his spraying completely. He also became a lot less aggressive

I paid £42 to get Bobby done and they said it'll be £52 for Tilly.

Thats at a Pets at Home Companion Care vet, they're all over the UK Ithink. I picked them cos thats where I got the rabbits from but alsobecause they had a rabbit price list after dogs and cats which made methink they do a lot, and after questioning they do.

We were really worried that Bobby would lose his personality after theneuter. He has quieter and less friendly for about a month but he'stotally back to normal now.

he also had a bit of swelling which is normal and goes away.

I am getting both my male & femalealtered for $50.00 apiece. I got lucky and met a vet tech andshe is giving me a 'deal.' Otherwise it is $190.00 for afemale and $120.00 for a male here in Tucson, AZ.

YAY! That means extra $$ to spend on my buns :cool:

Cool, thanks everyone!i think i will ask around but we're not getting him done quite yet anyway!

I went to get the babies sexed to day and all my predictions werecorrect lol YAY! Sebastian is a boy and the others are girls - blesstheir little hearts! They didnt enjoy the journey though!

Leanne:)

Back