neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ae3

Reaction score
I just got Frankie back from the vet at 4 today..and he was neutered, yeah, But he still humps stuff.. and like.. heacts the same as he did before the surgery.. like.. does it decreaseover time?.. quickly? or what? my mom wanted him to stop his spraying..and.. he still has that.. smell.. that like.. its like the spraysmell.. and...I dont know, my mom thinks this was just a waste of moneyfor the surgery, but i really want to know if he will change any.. orif he will still hump and stuff.. thanks

I know someone who told me that it took her bunnyabout 12 weeks to really calm down. Bo was neutered 1 monthago and he's calmed quite a bit, but it did take a good couple of weeksto see a change.

Yes, hormones will still rage about his littlebody for at least several weeks. And a horny little devil hemust be if he just returned from the vet today and commenced humpingimmediately! Usually, buns aren't feeling too spiffy for the firstcouple of days. He must be some tough guy!

Give him some time.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
Yes, hormones will still rage about his little body for atleast several weeks. And a horny little devil he must be ifhe just returned from the vet today and commenced humping immediately!Usually, buns aren't feeling too spiffy for the first couple ofdays. He must be some tough guy!

Give him some time.

Buck
i was thinking the same thing lol what a horney toad he must be lol

There is a product available in any Wal Mart andprobably most drug stores that really helps with companionskunks.....Evening Primrose Oil. It comes in gelcaps. Skunks are the same as rabbits when it comes to theamount of time it takes for the hormones to get out of theirsystem.....roughly 16 weeks. It comes in 500 mg and 1000 mgsoft gels. Most of the skunkers, including my Bushie, justsnarf the gel cap down. Now I'm not saying that it is okayfor rabbits, but I've mentioned this product before in this forum,saying that perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge than I about arabbits "innards" might want to check it out. Thereare many people who have anywhere from 2 to 20 skunkers who havefreedom of the house. (Skunkers do not chew like rabbitsdo. I've had house rabbit companions in the past, so know thecomparison!) And these various skunkers are of various agesand gender. As with people, everyone does not get along witheveryone else. This Evening Primrose Oil acts sort of like a"mood leveler".....does not take away personality or spunk!!!Most skunk people experiment with the dosage...up to 4000 mgs perday. It helps with cats, also. I have 7 feline kidsin the house, along with Bushie. I offer this as food forthought.....having read so much about the "terrible teens".

- Dolores

Valuran was a randy fellow too. And he had thatstinky musky scent going on too. It took a couple of weeks for him to"calm down", so to say.

He was peeing EVERYWHERE too, which was highly annoying, but I am happyto say that he has stopped that completely. Tell you mom it'll happen,but it takes a couple of weeks. :)

Latest posts

Back